JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's a longer video. As with many videos on the Police Activity channel, it ends sooner than I'd like, but it does give more context.

I only hope it doesn't drive that girl back to the scumbag. I hope he dukied himself.

Scrat would NEVER let that precious acorn fall from his clutches. Especially if there was a trigger-happy tyrant about.
Lol, that squirrel has destroyed the world at least a few times losing his nut. Granted he always gets it back, but dropping it on a police car and then braving a hail of bullets to get it back is 100% on character for him.

Pretty bad situation when the animals are mocking you....
200.gif

Looks like it went viral...
200.gif

On a serious note...shock and hysterics can even overcome some of the most seasoned individuals.

Last Edited:
Good grief. At least it sounds like none of those rounds hit a bystander in what appears to be a residential area. The fellow behind the trigger may want to switch to decaf if he's that jumpy. :eek:

The things that stands out to me:

1) While the LEO is new (a few months, from spring to fall?), he isn't new to guns? He was in the Army in a conflict (but never saw combat?).

2) He was never diagnosed with PTSD - he never saw combat, so PTSD is not as likely. And yet, he is squirrelly as all get out (pun intended - but it applies). The whole episode is a fail - but at least nobody was hurt (AFAIK). I do kind of feel sorry for the guy - he will probably never live this down.

I helped train a fair number of LEOs back in the '90s. I started having more concerns when different departments started actively recruiting vets. The mentality and skills required for the 2 jobs is vastly different. Most officers up through the '80s could expect to never draw their weapons; now it seems like officers pull their weapons at the slightest provocation.

Scariest part of this whole event for me was the reaction of the sgt. She drew and started shooting without giving herself any time to assess the situation. Military tactic in an ambush may be to lay down heavy suppressing fire, but that doesn't work in a civilian setting. It's disturbing that the police report calls her actions a justified use of force.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top