JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Scariest part of this whole event for me was the reaction of the sgt. She drew and started shooting without giving herself any time to assess the situation. Military tactic in an ambush may be to lay down heavy suppressing fire, but that doesn't work in a civilian setting. It's disturbing that the police report calls her actions a justified use of force.
That seems to be a "theme" with LEOs today; one officer starts shooting and the rest jump in and join - whether they know what is happening or not.

a-be-cautious-with-aerial-attacks-v0-icewfbpx7djc1.png

Please note that the following is not excusing what happened in the OP.

In stressful situations , the mind can often see and hear what it expects to see and hear....as opposed to what is actually there.
That may have been the case in the OP.
Again ...not an excuse for what happened.
Andy

I helped train a fair number of LEOs back in the '90s. I started having more concerns when different departments started actively recruiting vets. The mentality and skills required for the 2 jobs is vastly different. Most officers up through the '80s could expect to never draw their weapons; now it seems like officers pull their weapons at the slightest provocation.

Scariest part of this whole event for me was the reaction of the sgt. She drew and started shooting without giving herself any time to assess the situation. Military tactic in an ambush may be to lay down heavy suppressing fire, but that doesn't work in a civilian setting. It's disturbing that the police report calls her actions a justified use of force.
How do you think they'd have found if the perp had been hit in this case? (Serious question.)

How do you think they'd have found if the perp had been hit in this case? (Serious question.)
My guess is that the police report would have still found that the use of force was justified. Given the power of the police unions and the likelihood of civil action it's generally in the best interest of the department to protect as many of their officers as they can. In a truly egregious situation like this one, they might throw an officer under the bus to protect the dept.

Can you imagine a law abiding "citizen" doing this?
Oh lawd, we have to lock him or her up forever. This guy is given the chance to quit lol….. must be nice.

I totaled my truck (sober) and I got jail and probation. I hope homeboy (detained subject) hets paid bank!

Officer acorn, get some mental health help. Stop playing them vijigames….. and do society a favor and don't continue your carrier in law enforcement with another agency. You should stay away from firearms until you have had appropriate training. Also, for free, you can learn a lot from YouTube when it comes to suppressors. Take some initiative and educate yourself because you mag dumped an unarmed human. And no, I'm not sucking up to the suspect.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top