JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Lots of good questions here. Apologies for not responding earlier, I was busy all day working, making money to be taxed for government
to write it out as Social Security checks.

I think felons should be able to own firearms after paying their debt to society. There are many people that have stripped of their rights yet have never committed a violent act in their life. They should have the same capability to defend themselves and their families as you or I. Now these POS repeat violent offenders should never see the light of day again to begin with and thereby have no opportunity to obtain said weapons.

IIRC I glanced at your ID when I sold you that pistol and typically do.

What the society should be like is irrelevant to this discussion. Current law prohibits felons from owning firearms. We should obey the law and express our disagreement with the law through the democratic process. Felons are currently ineligible to possess firearms, and we should not enable them.

It is good you did. I don't remember if you checked my CHL too, but I am totally prepared to show it to anybody I'm buying a firearm from.

Well then, better call your buddy Bloomberg and let him know about it.

Bloomberg is not my buddy, obviously, or I would not be hanging out on this forum with you.

You got any numbers as to felons buying guns vs stealing them and that includes from friends and relatives people they know.

The quickest reference I can make is the 1994 ATF study which puts "straw purchases" at the top of the list of sources for guns used by criminals. Firearms purchased in private transactions (whether at the gun show or elsewhere) are somewhat at the end of the list.

frontline: hot guns: "How Criminals Get Guns" | PBS

There is also an newer study available, but it's a bit heavy to digest :
https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/Publications/abstract.aspx?ID=263109

We discredit his MAIG and anti-gun philosophy. We point to where every Gun Free zone has become a "Kill Zone". We redefine the argument in the context of Pro gun ownership and self defense rather than the Anti gun, potential victim stance MAIG and Bloomberg take. We flood the airwaves and news media with articles where private, responsible gun ownership has saved lives and prove through specific example where the lack of the citizenry being able to defend itself has led to exactly what "they" say they are trying to prevent. We show where their thinking is in error, by example. We also continue the fight in the courts. This battle cannot be won on a single front, there are many levels where we need to confront the lies with truth.

Yes, but it takes a good argument. I haven't seen many recently.

Well maybe you sell to felons.
99.9% of the people here do not.
Why do you troll this site. It seems obvious you have little in common with most that are here.

I am pretty sure you don't know me well enough, or majority of people here. You can't possibly know who sells what to whom. I also don't see a need to answer a rhetorical question, as you've made up your mind about my purpose here some time ago.

Well, your experiences then are unethical and wrong and definitely not typical of all the responsible gun owners that are on NWF. Most of us find out about who we buy or sell from and do not do business with unidentified people or anyone prohibited from owning a firearm.

I would like to know how many people out of those without a CHL you have refused a sale of a firearm. Same goes to others. Note that some respected members on this forum stated they refuse to obtain a CHL/CPL on the grounds of principle (ain't need no stinkin' permit to carry).

As a seller, it is incumbent upon you to make every effort to determine whether a buyer can legally own a firearm or not. State issued driver license, CHL, whether they are willing to sign a Bill of Sale or not, whether they are known on this forum, NRA Member, Rod and Gun Club Member, etc. Seller makes a reasonable effort to verify age, address, residency and criminal background or lack there of.

And, it is a Moral requirement, not a legal requirement.

Another good test is to see if they are willing to use a local FFL that you will pay for. If they hedge, there might be something amiss!!

Those are suggestions, not a must. As such, they are followed sometimes at best.

The problem is the rest of the gun owners that parasite on those who support pro second amendment organizations

You should be delighted to know I am an NRA Life Member, SAF Member, OFF Member, CRPA Member.

True but there is a legal requirement to not knowingly sell to a prohibited person So in order to do due diligence a person should either ask or use their spider sense to determine if a person is suspicious.

Or ask for a concealed carry permit - having a current one is almost a guarantee person is not a felon :) I would only support Universal Background Checks if there was an exception for holders of a concealed carry license (CHL/CPL/whateverL).

Why would a criminal want to purchase a gun when there are so many available for the taking?
Maig is snorting bath salts if they think any self-respecting criminal will buy a gun to commit a crime with & the same goes for the ammo they use.

I would like to know how many people out of those without a CHL you have refused a sale of a firearm. Same goes to others. Note that some respected members on this forum stated they refuse to obtain a CHL/CPL on the grounds of principle (ain't need no stinkin' permit to carry).

I don't require a chl at all. A chl only tells that they have been clear most of their life, but does not guarantee that they have since issued. I call the OSP and check them via their ODL to find out if they are clear to buy or posess a firearm. Besides, I don't sell many firearms at all. But When I do I know who I sell to. I still think you are on the side of the gun grabbers or damned close to them to advocate what you do. Your rhetoric does not fit with any pro 2nd amendment supporter I know. And I have been in this fight for well over 50 years. My opinion still stands, but others can see you however they like.
At the very least you are willing to compromise the 2nd away, which I view equally as bad.
C riminals obtain their firearms through other criminals and usually they are stolen. In a rare occasion is a straw purchase used and that is already a felony ! Selling to or purchase by or possession by someone not allowed also is. Stacking laws on top of laws is asinine to be direct and totally redundant and unwarranted and a total burden on honest gun owners and not on criminals in any way. Any further infringement on the 2nd Amendment will not be tolerated any longer.

I don't require a chl at all. A chl only tells that they have been clear most of their life, but does not guarantee that they have since issued. I call the OSP and check them via their ODL if they are clear to buy. Besides, I don't sell many firearms at all. But When I do I know who I sell to. I still think you are on the side of the gun grabbers or damned close to them to advocate what you do. Your rhetoric does not fit with any pro 2nd amendment supporter I know. And I have been in this fight for well over 50 years. My opinion still stands, but others can see you however they like.

I would like to know how an individual can request a firearm ownership eligibility check on another individual via OSP. As for the rest, you are entitled to your opinion.

I would like to know how an individual can request a firearm ownership eligibility check on another individual via OSP. As for the rest, you are entitled to your opinion.

Call OSP Portland ask for a desk Sargent give them the name and odl# and in most cases they have been very happy to run it for me. Not difficult at all. they will tell you if anything is on their record to prohibit them from owning a firearm. Its either yes they are or no they are not. That is all the info they provide.
FFL checks are run through Salem and they will not do it if you are not an FFL holder.
Also a city or county LE office can do the same thing.

You should be delighted to know I am an NRA Life Member, SAF Member, OFF Member, CRPA Member.

That does mean you do not work for the anti groups. Many of them join to get inside. It does not mean anything. As a compromiser I do not consider you pro 2nd Amendment at all !

Call OSP Portland ask for a desk Sargent give them the name and odl# and in most cases they have been very happy to run it for me. Not difficult at all. they will tell you if anything is on their record to prohibit them from owning a firearm. Its either yes they are or no they are not. That is all the info they provide.
FFL checks are run through Salem and they will not do it if you are not an FFL holder.
Also a city or county LE office can do the same thing.

Thank you.

That does mean you do not work for the anti groups. Many of them join to get inside. It does not mean anything. As a compromiser I do not consider you pro 2nd Amendment at all !

I think you are an anti-gun mole. You post a lot of information on this website that makes gun owners look like idiots, and plays to advantage of the anti-gun folks. That is their way to turn moderates against us.

Thank you.

I think you are an anti-gun mole. You post a lot of information on this website that makes gun owners look like idiots, and plays to advantage of the anti-gun folks. That is their way to turn moderates against us.

And you are Pretty dumb to even make a comment like that.
But I give people far more credit than you do to decipher any information I post.
You obviously don't and prefer to belittle them. The information I bring here is all over the
net but not seen by all. It is a good conduit and the only people to complain so far have
been trolls as they do not like much of it put out. It defeats their agenda and makes their job
harder... good, Glad it does. That is what I do.

Attempting the role reversal name game does not work with me. Nor do any of the other
Alinsky trash guide book BS rules..
For someone that is supposedly a member of so many gun groups, and didn't even know
how to do a simple record check......................***

And to push Compromise bills only work in the favor of the Anti's and gun grabbers, and they have never stopped going for more every time they get an inch.
They always want more and won't stop til they get a ban.
We will not let that happen.

NO MORE COMPROMISE ! They can enforce the rules they have. Which they don't.

I don't make apology's for what I do and I sleep at night.
Can you?

This battle cannot be won on a single front, there are many levels where we need to confront the lies with truth.

And therein lies my complaint about the NRA: They are a single threat organization. I've emailed them several times asking why they weren't doing more about the full court press being put on by the gov't and others. Their answer was that if it wasn't a direct threat to the 2nd Amendment they wouldn't fight it.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

I think its closer to 5 mil now and climbing.
Yes and they need to join a good pro gun organization and support the fight. Numbers talk.

And unfortunately there is too much infighting among the groups. They need to quit fighting each other and work together. Some people say the NRA is too wishy-washy, and others say it's too pushy and others say it only represents gun manufacturers.
Until we ALL unite against the threats we're vulnerable to attacks.
Take a look at what the NRA HAS done with ONLY 4 million or 3 million members over the years. What do you think would happen if they had 50 or 60 million members?

Deen
NRA Recruiter

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Lots of good questions here. Apologies for not responding earlier, I was busy all day working, making money to be taxed for government to write it out as Social Security checks.
I and my 14 yr old grandson thank you! We both get them, he because his mother died of a blood clot, and me because I paid into it for 40 years and can finally collect it.

Deen
NRA Recruiter

Lots of good questions here. Apologies for not responding earlier, I was busy all day working, making money to be taxed for government
to write it out as Social Security checks.

Federal welfare spending has grown by 32 percent over the past four years, fattened by President Obama's stimulus spending and swelled by a growing number of Americans whose recession-depleted incomes now qualify them for public assistance, according to numbers released Thursday.

Federal spending on more than 80 low-income assistance programs reached $746 billion in 2011, and state spending on those programs brought the total to $1.03 trillion, according to figures from the Congressional Research Service and the Senate Budget Committee.

That makes welfare the single biggest chunk of federal spending — topping Social Security and basic defense spending.

Welfare spending jumps 32% during Obama's presidency - Washington Times

Federal welfare spending has grown by 32 percent over the past four years, fattened by President Obama’s stimulus spending and swelled by a growing number of Americans whose recession-depleted incomes now qualify them for public assistance, according to numbers released Thursday.

Federal spending on more than 80 low-income assistance programs reached $746 billion in 2011, and state spending on those programs brought the total to $1.03 trillion, according to figures from the Congressional Research Service and the Senate Budget Committee.

That makes welfare the single biggest chunk of federal spending — topping Social Security and basic defense spending.

Welfare spending jumps 32% during Obama's presidency - Washington Times

As for SS....
They are spending it on everything except what they are supposed to :-/
It wasn't meant as a bailout for Mexico, or to pay half the country to sit on their azzes beginning at age 20 and up. It was meant to aid retirement and real disability. Now days someone hiccups 3 times in one day they are declared disabled. They reward illegals that come and steal jobs send their money back to Mexico and then pay them SS to boot. If they would fix that there would have never been a worry about it drying up. There are a lot of people out here that worked hard all their lives, built up a good retirement savings and paid into SS and had their retirement ripped off by greedy ceos cfos and others and have little else left but SS to survive on. If the politicians were forced to have SS only to retire on the system would be fixed in a heartbeat.

Way off topic and sorry to the OP but this is from your own extremely obscure "source".

Deal in limbo
It's uncertain when the administration would send the agreement to Congress. The deal has remained in limbo ever since its signing in 2004.
Lassiter said the administration is waiting to receive diplomatic "notes" from Mexico that would further clarify the issue of benefits for illegal immigrants. "There has never been a response from them," Lassiter said.

How does an illegal collect SS without an SS #?

You are kidding right. There are so many corrupt takers of SS like evey other liberal policy IT all starts out with the percived good intentions and the liberals water it down along with our rights over time. If you need more proof look it up. Use the google buttton with an open mind and you will do just fine. Good Luck

You are kidding right. There are so many corrupt takers of SS like evey other liberal policy IT all starts out with the percived good intentions and the liberals water it down along with our rights over time. If you need more proof look it up. Use the google buttton with an open mind and you will do just fine. Good Luck

No people like this have been programed to go into convulsions with any truth.
It is supreme leaders requirement.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews