Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

U.S. mayors say thousands of guns sold illegally online

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by deen_ad, Dec 12, 2013.

1. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

U.S. mayors say thousands of guns sold illegally online

Deen
    NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
    Defender of Freedom Award
    NRA Recruiter
    Second Amendment Foundation Member
    Washington Arms Collectors Member
    Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

2. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

HUH? Any sale across state lines has to go through a FFL a form 4473 and a NICS BGC + what ever silly laws the buyers state has.

The only sales on Arms List that aren't going through that are ones sold in state and in a state that doesn't have some form of BGC requirement for FTF sales.

Another case of morons who don't know or care about the law making up their own stats to promote their agenda.

3. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

The masters of the lie........................

4. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

Why doesn't mayor Barfbag put his efforts into fixing something he knows about - criminality of Wall Street?
    Of course since he made his billions and continues to do so today from providing service to that sector, he will ignore it.
    He's a nasty little man and a perfect example of someone having what is labeled as Napoleon complex. Napoleon actually took on the powers of his day and liberated regular people from the shackles of oppression, Bloomberg on the other hand services the powers like a high end hooker and strives to oppress the regular people.
    Only one thing I want for Bloomberg to have that is Napoleon like - Waterloo.

Mikej and (deleted member) like this.
  5. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

The war drum is beating......

6. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

Isnt that article about people who engage in the BUSINESS of selling firearms without an FFL? You don't think that goes on? :laugh:. The problem is there is no real way to distinguish the difference between someone who sells guns to make a profit as a business without an FFL and someone who has a massive collection and decides to liquidate some of it at current market prices or someone who purchases a firearm to flip and someone who gets bored real quick. I do not agree with all the license requirements but it is the law of the land.

7. fd15k

fd15k Tigard,OR Well-Known Member

As slimer13 pointed out, article seems to be about engaging in sale of firearms without a license.

8. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

That may be what the article is about, but that's not what MAIG and their most recent 'report' are about...

"In September, the mayors' group estimated that as many as 25,000 guns a year may be sold on Armslist.com to people with criminal records."

9. fd15k

And what is wrong with that statement ? There don't seem to be any obstacles for selling a firearm to a person with a criminal record in places where transfer via FFL is not mandatory. I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few firearms are sold to prohibited persons on this very forum. Most members here do ask questions during the sale to verify age and residency, but not everybody asks for a CHL/CPL.

10. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

The montra...

Lie. Embellish the Lie, then repeat it as often as possible until the majority of the uninformed believes the lie!!

11. Modeler

I'm probably not making myself clear... MAIG's ultimate goal in regards to Armslist is to shut it down, plain and simple. And by extension, they'd probably love to shut down the classified section on this and other online gun forums.

12. Dunerunner

Exactly!! You nailed it Modeler!!

13. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

Of course it is and they can eff off but that is not what the thread is about.

14. Dunerunner

Here is the lie disguised as speculation and not based on any factual evidence.

15. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Thousands of guns sold online.. Illegally?

Where are these so called full auto "assault rifles" for mere pennies.. I sure would like to pick one up.

Masters of misinformation.

16. fd15k

Well, whatever they desire, especially since their means are limited, interest me the least. My interest is really in the claims being made. Are they false ?

17. fd15k

Well, it's not a lie until it is proven to be. But I agree it looks like a speculation.

18. titsonritz

titsonritz has left the building. Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;MqGlms4lnss]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqGlms4lnss[/video]

OMG lookout it’s a war gun!!! :gun11:

19. Modeler

MAIG is headed by Michael Bloomberg who has an estimated net worth of $27 Billion. That's $27,000,000,000. His means (and the means of his organization) are anything but limited.

Michael Bloomberg Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth

20. fd15k

NRA has 4.5 million members. I also don't think Bloomberg is going to sell his last t-shirt for the cause of shutting down Armslist, which may or may not be successful in the end :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.