JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gun transfers in California are so convoluted. The hole they've dug is too deep to repair though. Rope it off and put up a sigh. Outside of outstanding citizens such as Adam Schiff, Eric Swalwell, Kevin Deleon and Kamala Harris, is it wrong for a high ranking deputy to think a little corruption won't hurt anyone?

Gun transfers in California are so convoluted. The hole they've dug is too deep to repair though. Rope it off and put up a sigh. Outside of outstanding citizens such as Adam Schiff, Eric Swalwell, Kevin Deleon and Kamala Harris, is it wrong for a high ranking deputy to think a little corruption won't hurt anyone?
You forgot Diane Feinstein, Jerry Brown and Gavin Newsome!

There are a lot of decent people in California, truly, but something must be in the air or water that spawns these idiots.

Thanks for yet another black-eye on L/E you schmuck! Cops need to get double the sentence of other scum.:mad:
Pisses me off when I read about those sworn to protect & serve doing these idiotic crimes for a buck. You don't become a cop to get rich!:s0057:

When you make some thing illegal, it is almost inevitable that a black market will develop for that thing.

The profit will be used to corrupt public officials.

True of drugs, guns and just about anything else.

Eventually violence develops due to the competition and corruption.

When you make some thing illegal, it is almost inevitable that a black market will develop for that thing.

The profit will be used to corrupt public officials.

True of drugs, guns and just about anything else.

Eventually violence develops due to the competition and corruption.
Yeah, because prohibition does not work. It is so obvious, yet they will keep banning and prohibiting anyway.

ONLY THE POLICE SHOULD HAVE GUNS!! :s0118:

(oh, and only MY armed bodyguards.... cough, cough)

-Rosie O'Donnell

:rolleyes:
Anti gunners are just so unlikable. In no way to suggest harming them. Just saying, can anyone name one thats likable? The hate turns a once popular, likeable perhaps reasonable person into a Rosie O'Donnell. Even Tom Arnold looks like her.

You don't become a cop to get rich!:s0057:
This is what all Gov jobs used to be, you took the job to serve the public, get a bit more security then your public sector counterpart and good benefits. Gov jobs have now become equal if not better than private sector jobs, now combine that with little to no accountability and a sense of entitlement, It's a recipe for disaster.

How could this happen, with all of the California gun laws in place?
It is a situation created by California law. Only two tiers of law enforcement can purchase off roster handguns from an FFL. Anyone can buy off roster from another citizen with an FFL conducting the transfer.
If a member of the older tier of roster exempt LEOs wants to resell the gun they are limited by the state's five sale transactions per year limit for handguns. If a member of the newer tier of roster exempt law enforcement uses their exempt status to buy an off roster gun they are prohibited from selling the off roster handgun to a non-exempt person.
The state can easily search the database for people selling more than five handgun transactions per year and cross reference that with roster exempt status. Then running each serial number shows days between purchase and resale and whether the person repeatedly buys and resells the same model.
On a Sig P365 an LEO can flip it for $700 profit. Glock 40 can fetch $900.

This.

Used to have single shot exemptions and other options. When I left CA I sold most of my stuff to leave it in CA. Sold my off roster stuff below market because sold to friends, but still got good money.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top