JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I kinda see this getting worse for a while.
I believe the popo have taken their roles a little too far on many matters other than just these 2.
Heck,the wood carver in Seattle and the recent 12 yo kid were shot without anything even being started except the cop getting out of their cars.And we all know there are others.
On the other hand,I could see some problems with the minorities trying to attack whites for Mikey and Garner. That will not work out for them in the long run.Could make matters WAY worse.I can guess there will be retaliation in short order in some parts.
All's I do know is I carry a lot more now than I did when I lived in Tacoma
And I stay pretty clear of Puget Sound any more

Oh yeah, the "sensible gun measures" they speak of would only cause more black deaths by disarming good people in bad neighborhoods trying to defend themselves.

Crazed Cop Killers, hyped up by months of cable news coverage of anti-cop rhetoric by self appointed black leaders and pandering politicians don't follow gun laws! Let's get real NAACP!

What would be interesting is since the cops are getting crapped on by Deblasio they decide to get the blue flu and stay home for a day,week,month or for good. People seem to forget it's the politicions that control the police and most cops just follow orders. Cops stay home then who will protect the politicions? They better figure that out pretty quick in NY.o_O

De Blasio is a fool. Yes we have bad cops, yes they got a bit rough on Garner but Garner's health killed him mostly IMO.
Those Cops were securing and ensuring the lucrative Taxes of cigarettes for NY keeps flowing.
A white guy would have been treated the same!
http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/...ons-cops-shooting-black-men-article-1.2030545
If you're going to correctly compare the rates at which police kill black and white male teenagers, you have to compare teenage crime rates. You can't just compare crime rates among the entire black and white populations. The rate that these teenagers commit murder, not including rape and other less serious crimes, also provides a somewhat better measure of the perceived threat that they might pose to police.
Among blacks, teenage crime is much more prevalent. Based on the most recent available FBI crime numbers, black male teenagers were nine times more likely to commit murder than were their white counterparts. That's right, nine times, and the gap in these urban areas is undoubtedly even larger.
After adjusting for murder rates, black male teenagers are still killed by the police 2.3 times as often as whites. This is a considerable difference — but again, over-representation of urban areas in the data set could be a big part of the explanation.
Screaming "racism!" may attract a TV audience. But uncritically spreading bad information is downright dangerous.

Forget Sharpton and DeBlasio. Forget Black versus White. We're ALL targets and "The Enemy" as far as the police are concerned. That's how they are being trained. There will, sooner or later, be an incident that pushes someone over the edge. Doesn't matter if they are Black or While. If cops maintain the attitudes and behaviors that now lead to citizens of all colors being beaten and shot with impunity I predict (not threaten) that some people will eventually decide they have had enough and it will become open season on cops, at least for some people. I don't advocate that. I think it can only lead to really bad outcomes for everyone. But I think that's where we're headed.

Let's take a purely hypothetical case. Suppose it was your 19 year old son that got shot and killed at a traffic stop for no good reason, and the cop who was responsible walked after a biased investigation, and his union leader demanded an apology from you for the things you said about the killer. How many of you would think about ways to make that cop pay his bill? It only takes a few. You can only push people so far.

Forget Sharpton and DeBlasio. Forget Black versus White. We're ALL targets and "The Enemy" as far as the police are concerned. That's how they are being trained. There will, sooner or later, be an incident that pushes someone over the edge. Doesn't matter if they are Black or While. If cops maintain the attitudes and behaviors that now lead to citizens of all colors being beaten and shot with impunity I predict (not threaten) that some people will eventually decide they have had enough and it will become open season on cops, at least for some people. I don't advocate that. I think it can only lead to really bad outcomes for everyone. But I think that's where we're headed.

Let's take a purely hypothetical case. Suppose it was your 19 year old son that got shot and killed at a traffic stop for no good reason, and the cop who was responsible walked after a biased investigation, and his union leader demanded an apology from you for the things you said about the killer. How many of you would think about ways to make that cop pay his bill? It only takes a few. You can only push people so far.

They're not getting trained like that at the state academy under Rahr. There's been a lot written about that.

Cops are hired and fired by politicions. They enforce the laws politicions write. If you want better law enforcement talk to their bosses.o_O

"We're ALL targets and "The Enemy" as far as the police are concerned. That's how they are being trained."

You know, I just reviewed the 480 hours of LE training I conducted this year, in different states, and I'm sorry, just can't find the 'treat the public as the enemy' part in my material. Funny, I never received this training either. Must have missed the memo.

Few officers ever shoot their gun. Most that have to, only do it once. Almost all of those events are very clear cut necessary and justified lethal force events. It's only a small percentage, of an already small percentage, of OIS cases that are up for debate (by a rational mind). To morph the uncommon (and not to be tolerated) improper use of force events into "citizens of all colors being beaten and shot with impunity" well, it's just factually not true based on the incredibly low number of events.

Not that it matters in the scheme of things, but I strongly object to the use of the word 'execution' when discussing this cold-blooded murder of two police officers.

'Execution' implies a degree of legality in the act that is totally absent. States execute murderers after trial, but the formerly walking-talking-breathing POS who committed this appalling act of heartless slaughter acted out his own warped fantasies.

And you know something? I don't even recall his name.

tac

What would be interesting is since the cops are getting crapped on by Deblasio they decide to get the blue flu and stay home for a day,week,month or for good. People seem to forget it's the politicions that control the police and most cops just follow orders. Cops stay home then who will protect the politicions? They better figure that out pretty quick in NY.o_O

"Dear God, where do we get such men? What loving God has provided, that each generation, afresh, there should arise new giants in the land. Were we to go but a single generation without such men, we should surely be both damned and doomed.

Think about it. If we went but a single generation without men (and women) who are willing to go out every day and confront evil, then within the span of that generation we should surely be both damned and doomed."

From Dave Grossman's, "On Combat"--an excellent read so far...

"Dear God, where do we get such men? What loving God has provided, that each generation, afresh, there should arise new giants in the land. Were we to go but a single generation without such men, we should surely be both damned and doomed.

Think about it. If we went but a single generation without men (and women) who are willing to go out every day and confront evil, then within the span of that generation we should surely be both damned and doomed."

From Dave Grossman's, "On Combat"--an excellent read so far...
A Policeman's Lament; Today I stopped caring…

By Lt Daniel Furseth, DeForest, Wisconsin Police Department

Today, I stopped caring about my fellow man. I stopped caring about my community, my neighbors, and those I serve. I stopped caring today because a once noble profession has become despised, hated, distrusted, and mostly unwanted.

I stopped caring today because parents refuse to teach their kids right from wrong and blame us when they are caught breaking the law. I stopped caring today because parents tell their little kids to be good or "the police will take you away" embedding a fear from year one. Moms hate us in their schools because we frighten them and remind them of the evil that lurks in the world.

They would rather we stay unseen, but close by if needed, but readily available to "fix their kid." I stopped caring today because we work to keep our streets safe from mayhem in the form of reckless, drunk, high, or speeding drivers, only to be hated for it, yet hated even more because we didn't catch the drunk before he killed someone they may know.

Nevertheless, we are just another tool used by government to generate "revenue." I stopped caring today because Liberals hate the police as we carry guns, scare kids, and take away their drugs. We always kill innocent people with unjust violence. We are called bullies for using a Taser during a fight, but are condemned further for not first tasing the guy who pulls a gun on us.

And if we do have to shoot, we are asked "why didn't you just shoot the gun out of their hand?" And when one of us is killed by the countless attacks that do happen (but are rarely reported in the mainstream media) the haters say, "Its just part of the job." I stopped caring today because Conservatives hate us as we are "the Government." We try to take away their guns, freedoms, and liberty at every turn.

We represent a "Police State" where "jackbooted badge-wearing thugs" randomly attack innocent people without cause or concern for constitutional rights. We are Waco, Ruby Ridge, and Rodney King all rolled into one lone police officer stopping to help change an old lady's tire. I stopped caring today as no one wants us around, but instantly demands answers, results, arrests, when a crime takes place.

If a crime isn't solved within the allocated 60 minutes it takes CSI on television, we are inept, incompetent, or covering something up. If we do get "lucky" it was just that and everyone with a Facebook account can post wonderful comments of how "they" would solve the case and how "we" are not nearly as clever.

I stopped caring today because a video of a cop six states away, from a department that you never heard of, screws up and forgets his oath of honor, thus firing up an internet lynch-mob of cop haters even though 99% of us work twice as hard not to end up in the news and to still be "the good guys." We are "militarized" because we wear body armor and kevlar helmets when shots are fired or rocks thrown at us and carry scary looking rifles even though everyone knows that they are easier to shoot and are more accurate than a handgun or a shotgun.

I stopped caring today because the culture of today's instantly connected youth is only there to take and never give back. To never accept responsibility for ones actions, but to blame everyone else instead of themselves. To ask "what is in it for me?" versus "what can I do for you?"

To idolize gangsters, thugs, sexually promiscuous behavior, and criminals over hard work, dedication, and achievement. To argue that getting stoned should be a right, yet getting a job or an education is a hassle. To steal verus earn. To hate versus help. Yes, I stopped caring today. But tomorrow, I will put my uniform back on and I will care again.

In my opinion there are a lot of good / great police officers out there - the problem as I see it is that the good cops are by default supporting the bad cops and thier behviors by not policing thier own ranks. When there are police officers like Freshour in Portland that shoots some one in the back and walks away with a slap on the wrist I find it hard to trust any of them. I cant tell the bad from the good by looking at them.

A Policeman's Lament; Today I stopped caring…

By Lt Daniel Furseth, DeForest, Wisconsin Police Department

Today, I stopped caring about my fellow man. I stopped caring about my community, my neighbors, and those I serve. I stopped caring today because a once noble profession has become despised, hated, distrusted, and mostly unwanted.

I stopped caring today because parents refuse to teach their kids right from wrong and blame us when they are caught breaking the law. I stopped caring today because parents tell their little kids to be good or "the police will take you away" embedding a fear from year one. Moms hate us in their schools because we frighten them and remind them of the evil that lurks in the world.

They would rather we stay unseen, but close by if needed, but readily available to "fix their kid." I stopped caring today because we work to keep our streets safe from mayhem in the form of reckless, drunk, high, or speeding drivers, only to be hated for it, yet hated even more because we didn't catch the drunk before he killed someone they may know.

Nevertheless, we are just another tool used by government to generate "revenue." I stopped caring today because Liberals hate the police as we carry guns, scare kids, and take away their drugs. We always kill innocent people with unjust violence. We are called bullies for using a Taser during a fight, but are condemned further for not first tasing the guy who pulls a gun on us.

And if we do have to shoot, we are asked "why didn't you just shoot the gun out of their hand?" And when one of us is killed by the countless attacks that do happen (but are rarely reported in the mainstream media) the haters say, "Its just part of the job." I stopped caring today because Conservatives hate us as we are "the Government." We try to take away their guns, freedoms, and liberty at every turn.

We represent a "Police State" where "jackbooted badge-wearing thugs" randomly attack innocent people without cause or concern for constitutional rights. We are Waco, Ruby Ridge, and Rodney King all rolled into one lone police officer stopping to help change an old lady's tire. I stopped caring today as no one wants us around, but instantly demands answers, results, arrests, when a crime takes place.

If a crime isn't solved within the allocated 60 minutes it takes CSI on television, we are inept, incompetent, or covering something up. If we do get "lucky" it was just that and everyone with a Facebook account can post wonderful comments of how "they" would solve the case and how "we" are not nearly as clever.

I stopped caring today because a video of a cop six states away, from a department that you never heard of, screws up and forgets his oath of honor, thus firing up an internet lynch-mob of cop haters even though 99% of us work twice as hard not to end up in the news and to still be "the good guys." We are "militarized" because we wear body armor and kevlar helmets when shots are fired or rocks thrown at us and carry scary looking rifles even though everyone knows that they are easier to shoot and are more accurate than a handgun or a shotgun.

I stopped caring today because the culture of today's instantly connected youth is only there to take and never give back. To never accept responsibility for ones actions, but to blame everyone else instead of themselves. To ask "what is in it for me?" versus "what can I do for you?"

To idolize gangsters, thugs, sexually promiscuous behavior, and criminals over hard work, dedication, and achievement. To argue that getting stoned should be a right, yet getting a job or an education is a hassle. To steal verus earn. To hate versus help. Yes, I stopped caring today. But tomorrow, I will put my uniform back on and I will care again.
Sounds like he needs a new occupation.

If you cant handle the heat dont become a fireman - if you cant do your job or no longer wish to, time to change occupations.

In my opinion there are a lot of good / great police officers (gun owners, doctors, social workers, mechanics, etc...what are you?) out there - the problem as I see it is that the good cops (gun owners, doctors, social workers, mechanics, etc...what are you?) are by default supporting the bad cops (gun owners, doctors, social workers, mechanics, etc...what are you?) and thier behviors by not policing thier own ranks. When there are police officers like Freshour in Portland that shoots some one in the back and walks away with a slap on the wrist I find it hard to trust any of them. I cant tell the bad from the good by looking at them.

"I cant tell the bad from the good by looking at them" You don't look, you watch--everyone....and make sure the one in the mirror is held to the same strict standards...;);)

I am not s paid LEO They should be held to a much higher standard than the populace they are supposed to be serving.. I try to carry myself to a higher standard. Again tell me how to tell the good police officers from the bad before you end up being someones practice dummy.

I read a long article the other day detailing the efforts a department went to in order to get rid of an officer they felt was not serving the public well. The particular newspaper is very anti-police. The article detailed how numerous officers involved reported his wrongdoing, advising he should not be working in the profession. Ultimately he was removed. Guess what? The newspaper was complaining about how all the officers were out to get him.

Contrary to popular (and media) belief, bad officers are reported all the time. Many are failed during their training (many of these are good folks, just at the time of their training period were not ready for a job in LE). Enter labor unions and the challenges of firing government workers. Oh, and the guarantee of the employee suing to get their job back.

Another situation from a department; officer fired for peeping. He is truly a sex offender in the eyes of most. Guess what again? Got his job back because it didn't happen on duty. I don't know of a single person on the department who, a) though he should be working and b) wanted to work with him.

Most would be shocked at the number of officer who are fired for cause, their peers agree that they should not be wearing a badge, yet they are required to be hired back by their departments. Yet all I hear about is their brother and sister officers are covering for them. I'm calling BS.

If a good police officers watches a bad officer behave in such a way that dishonors the oath to serve and protect - is the good police officer really that good?

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top