JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Two more bull Elk have been found senselessly shot in Douglas County this Fall, and just like the first one found last month: left to waste. No meat or antlers were harvested. There is suspicion that the 3 incidents might be related.

OSP is offering a $500 reward for info leading to the shooter in any of these 3 incidents.

Here is a photo of the Elk that was shot Sept 17th at 2:30am next to Rueben Road in Glendale.:

10ac117a-8c33-4838-9d50-ce4d0e195cc5-large16x9_160920DouglasCountyelkpoachingcasenearGlendale.jpg

And here is a picture of the 2nd and 3rd ones that were found this past week:

65595adf-1239-424d-96d0-c775c9aef907-large16x9_Elkpoaching.jpg

Sadly, the antigun and animal rights folks both use this sort of criminal behavior to make hunters look bad. They even often refer to the killers as being "hunters".

He is a news article about the sad situation at the link below. Do you think that just one nutcase is responsible? Please contact the Oregon State Police if you have any relevant information that could help in this investigation.

<broken link removed>

wow. i cannot believe this. after all the time and money people(me included) spend to go out and legally hunt it sucks to see such a majestic animal shot to death and wasted. its tough enough to hunt elk already. i hope they get a break and catch whoever did this.

I don't even understand why someone would do this. I hope OSP finds whoever did it quickly.

My money is on tweakers or drug runners or false flag libs..... It is senseless, nice animals.

Brutus Out

When I saw this, I thought of the latter. I don't know why. It's not something I'd usually think, but something just seems "fishy" to me about this.

Wonton waste... only humans (and wolves) pull such crap. :mad:

If I had the info on who did that, I wouldn't "sell" it for the $500 reward... I'd hand it over to the OSP on a silver platter. o_O

Maybe Dumb azzzz's shot them and lost them ??
Or it's just an ahole killing for fun?
In my case I was a dumb dumb and lost one.
We wont know until someone is caught or own's up to it.

I got my radar up on this as well, How does one find Three very nice mature Bulls in such a short space of time, then kills them and leaves them to be "found" in what I would assume to be easy to find locations!!! Really breaks my heart to see such a wast of such a wonderful animal, and that could have fed many who need it! I bet no one said a few words in thanks for those Elk ether:mad::mad::mad:

Two more bull Elk have been found senselessly shot in Douglas County this Fall, and just like the first one found last month: left to waste. No meat or antlers were harvested. There is suspicion that the 3 incidents might be related.

OSP is offering a $500 reward for info leading to the shooter in any of these 3 incidents.

Here is a photo of the Elk that was shot Sept 17th at 2:30am next to Rueben Road in Glendale.:

View attachment 316909

And here is a picture of the 2nd and 3rd ones that were found this past week:

View attachment 316910

Sadly, the antigun and animal rights folks both use this sort of criminal behavior to make hunters look bad. They even often refer to the killers as being "hunters".

He is a news article about the sad situation at the link below. Do you think that just one nutcase is responsible? Please contact the Oregon State Police if you have any relevant information that could help in this investigation.

<broken link removed>

There's no way in hell I'd consider these killers hunters. It really saddens me to see this. We (Oregonians) work so hard to find a nice bull like these during season and many of us go for years before even bagging one. I'm talking many many years. I was at my elk hunting spot a couple weeks ago during opening day buck season and ran into some nice bulls. The reason I hunt deer there is mainly to scout for the elk. I almost packed it up for the day and went home after seeing 3 branched antler bulls and 2 spikes, and it was only 7:00 A.M. I hunt in a 4-5% hunters success rate area (general season tag), so getting on the bulls is a feat in itself and damn rewarding when you finally get to shoot one. I really hope they catch everyone involved in the shooting of these majestic animals. What they did is wrong on so many levels...

I really don't think it's appropriate to bring up the wolf debate on this sad subject, about the needless slaughter of Elk! That subject is opening another canine of worms entirely!

Seriously, I hate people like that! I would have no problem gut shooting the offenders, so we could inquire how they liked it?
I've said before, on this site, this country needs some draconian! And, not for refusing to bake a cake, and not for shooting a dangerous criminal! :mad: Short rant over!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top