JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know it's a bidding war, and I totally agree on the good prices. I have 3 long guns on the way as we speak. It does however make me wonder how many of them they have in stock.........to let 'em go one at a time at auction is pretty ridiculous.

The market is bearing the price, good for Bud's I guess, who can blame them for making money. Very few have been released, I'll bet they don't have more than 5 and likely closer to 1 or 2. It'd be silly of them to simply sell one of the hardest to find guns on the market for msrp, I don't hold it against them one bit.

After an auction the winner was asked this question, "Now that you won, how does it feel?" Answer; "I just paid more than anybody else in the world, How should I feel?"
Haha
Mike

I worked for BE Hodgdon Inc., a division of Hodgdon Power Co., back in the late 70's/early 80's. It was shortly after the first Dirty Harry movie came out and any S&W was on allocation from the company, but model 29's were usually sold before we even got them in. Some distributors were selling to FFL's for MSRP and some FFL's were selling model 29's for almost $1K and keep in mind that was late 70's money.

We didn't play that game and sold only at dealer prices, but you could bet that any S&W's, particularly 29's that I got allocated to sell to my customers only went to the dealers that were buying other stuff from me, not just hard to get handguns. Reason being, we didn't make near the profit margin on handguns that we made on ammo, reloading equipment, and accessories.

After an auction the winner was asked this question, "Now that you won, how does it feel?" Answer; "I just paid more than anybody else in the world, How should I feel?"
Haha
Mike

HAHAHA

Never got that "i won an auction " How is paying more than anyone else would pay for something 'winning' ?

Especially when it a shotgun that's likely to blow up?
I wouldn't stand 10 feet from that thing going off

The guy paid for cutting edge technology. He paid extra to work out the bugs for the rest of us. Keltec has had these same issues with the PF9, RFB and PMR30. Go to the Oregon gun shows and look for the guy with the PMR30, RFB and KSG. There will be a crowd around those guns at all the shows, open to close. Charging any price isn't gouging. We all decide what or what not to spend our money on. Even though I should be able to get a PMR30 in a year or two for $325, I will prbably pay $400-450 for one to be sure it's in my hands before He Who Shall Not Be Named re-institutes the former "high capacity" ban. Remember kids, if your magazine states 30 round capacity and it holds 30 rounds, it is "standard capacity" if it somehow holds 31 or 32 rounds, that would be "high capacity". I like the KSG. The obvious thing for me is that someone takes that bullpup design and makes it semi-auto. Consolidating to one magazine seems to reduce possible battle confusion as well. Kip.

The market is bearing the price, good for Bud's I guess, who can blame them for making money. Very few have been released, I'll bet they don't have more than 5 and likely closer to 1 or 2. It'd be silly of them to simply sell one of the hardest to find guns on the market for msrp, I don't hold it against them one bit.
Actually, I do blame them. retailers usually are beholden by contract with distributors to sell at reasonable prices. Not to misuse their FFL status and wholesale purchase power. If a consumer cannot trust a retailer to sell a product without price gouging then why would someone ever buy from that retailer? Auctions should be reserved for the secondary market, not for retailers trying to take advantage of the consumer.

I completely understand your point, PlayboyPenguin. However, when I put myself in their shoes, they are a business and money is why we all show up to work every day. Again, you are absolutely right about price gouging. They control the supply with their FFL, but it is obvious that Keltec does not hold any dealers to price standards. Every gun they release goes for 3 times the eventual price. I put it on Keltec to set standards, especially when they have folks on the hook for 3 years for a PMR30. I wonder how long it will be before the PMR30 and KSG are regular, in stock firearms like buying a Glock? Kip

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top