JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ruger has a survey about what would be an improvement on a manufacturer's packaging for new guns...
I personally feel that those formed plastic cases are a useless expense (are they even a good way for storing a gun long-term?) and a cardboard box and fitted foam is just fine. I'll buy my own cases and be happy to not take up the storage space needed for the "original packaging" that some buyers expect if I sell the gun at some date in the future.(although Beretta's "ammo box" case is kinda neat-wish)
Maybe a credit towards ordering a logo case of your choice from the manufacturer's website for new guns?
I'm lead to wonder if any one else has some thoughts on this "packaging conundrum".

Last Edited:
Some cases seem to be useful, like the fitted cases that Springfield has used... But for the most part, whatever the firearm came in usually gets stored...

I have my own padded cases that I prefer for transportation purposes...

Some cases seem to be useful, like the fitted cases that Springfield has used... But for the most part, whatever the firearm came in usually gets stored...

I have my own padded cases that I prefer for transportation purposes...

That's why all mine just end up stored. Some are nice the way they are set up. I just like to use my own. Some are nice the way they have places for a holster and spare mag and such.

th?id=OIP.HJmJaqevsPXtT0CqtGIXxwEsDI&w=299&h=199&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7.jpg

I like a plain old box .... But what's more important to me is just what kinda gun is in the container...
Not the container itself.
Andy

Good point. ;)

Back in the day Browning sold it's HP in a soft rug.
Not good for storage. But helpful when going to the range.

My old FAL was sold in a soft case. And I still use it.
Not many rifle cases stayed with there rifles.

Good point. ;)

Back in the day Browning sold it's HP in a soft rug.
Not good for storage. But helpful when going to the range.

My old FAL was sold in a soft case. And I still use it.
Not many rifle cases stayed with there rifles.
The Hi-Power rug first came to my mind.. they's classy!

I've got a little different take on this... It's lipstick on a pig, to make customers forget that Ruger has a very serious quality control problem. Yes, Ruger customer service is the best there is at fixing a gun that slipped thru their quality control, but there are just too many that slip through.

Ask the opinions of customers about what they think packaging should consist of, and maybe the customer will be duped into forgetting about the QC problems.:confused:

Even though there can't really be much difference in price, I prefer the molded plastic boxes.

WAYNO.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class