JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well this is and could be a long discussion that has been going on in another thread. I don't like it one bit and don't like any law that is proposed against us. But bashing POTUS is frivelous point since he is better than the other option that was presented to us at the time of the election.

Well this is and could be a long discussion that has been going on in another thread. I don't like it one bit and don't like any law that is proposed against us. But bashing POTUS is frivelous point since he is better than the other option that was presented to us at the time of the election.

I agree with that too. Gun owners would be much worse off if the election went the other way.

I somehow completely missed this thread when I looked for something on this yesterday.

Threads merged :)

Didn't matter did it..........

It mattered - nobody listened. They all still think their vote for Trump made a difference (it did not) and my vote for Johnson was wasted (it was not - he at least got on the ballot in every state and the Libertarian Party will now get matching funds in future elections) or worse, my vote would 'divide' up the GOP, which it did not because Trump was the one that was divisive and still is. I could not in good conscience vote for such a fraud.

But people just keep voting for their party's candidate because the candidate is the lesser of two evils.

7xt69et.jpg

And finally, voting for the lesser of two evils is still a vote for evil.

I will make another prediction; there will most likely be a significant shift in Congress towards the democratic party this November. The dems may not get the majority in either house, but they will get more. As it is, Trump and the GOP can't get hardly anything done now, and after January 2019 it will be gridlock until 2020 and then we may see a very liberal democrat in the White House (although that is a bit far out, so I won't go out on a limb for that and just say "maybe").

Heretic
Be careful there! You may be, "Cutting off your nose to spite your face" as my mother used to say!!!!!

Sheldon

I am interested as to why you would feel the need to warn me this way.

Do you think I really care that much about what people think of my politics that I would refrain from voicing them? Or that I should? :eek:

I think this is the second time someone (maybe you?) has given me this warning and it seems bogus to me.

I would assume they will push for nationwide background checks, and ban some useless garbage like bump stocks and triggers that act like autos.
The scary thing is how they will word it and what the dems will cry for.
They may push back the age for certain "assault" weapons to 21yo.

It's all BS that only interrupts and hurts the law abiding.

No law or laws will stop evil people from doing evil to others.

And they will refuse to do what can actually help is fighting mental illness, and punishing criminals

Then you will have a miserable next 7 years......I suppose you could trust Obama, Hillary and Bill to always do the wrong thing........and it came true...........

I will be very surprised if Trump makes it to 2020, much less 2024.

Either Trump will be impeached before 2020 or he will be voted out in 2020.

Again, the best thing I can hope for is gridlock until then - which is the very same thing I have hoped for when Clinton was in the white house.

Without saying anything about the two main parties, Johnson would have made an excellent president. I voted for him in 2012 and again in 2016 and don't consider those votes thrown away in the least. I'm not under the illusion that my vote can influence the direct outcome of a presidential race, but any increase in numbers for alternative choices can only help convince more people that they are viable, and reduce a lot of barriers to getting on ballots. The key is building up critical mass to where alternative parties are a known and acceptable choice to the average voter and increasing support in the popular vote is a part of that.

The Aleppo incident was an unfortunate character assassination by a media that has a vested interest in the establishment. There are many more domestic issues and executive branch agencies to straighten out that mattered to me more than whether Gary Johnson could recall Aleppo off the top of his head.
When's the last time a third party candidate won POTUS?...I'll wait.

Here is a picture of Trump with his golf buddies. Every person in this picture are some of the most ardent supporters of gun control in our country..
View attachment 433023

I do not believe in guilt by association.

OTOH - I don't believe a word that comes out of Trump's mouth. He is a sociopathic liar. A con man. And he isn't even very good at it - I have met and know people who could lie much better and more consistently than he does (e.g., most politicians, used car salesmen, etc.). What amazes me is that so many people fell for his lies when he does it so poorly. It must be that they just want to believe his lies so badly that they voted for him regardless, and so many just keep on believing in him despite all evidence to the contrary.

[QUOTE="The closest was Teddy Rosevelt after being shut out of the Republican Party but as large and complicated as our national elections are now, it will never happen.[/QUOTE]
Replace "you" with "we".

vic1z.jpg

I see your point and it works well to do the opposite of the masses when investing...Selecting a POTUS that can win...not so much.

I had no illusion that Johnson would win.

But then I wasn't stupid enough to believe that Trump would win any of the west coast states either. So voting for Johnson to at least help the Libertarian party in the future was the only choice for me and not a bad one either.

Moreover, in many ways (besides gun control - there are other issues besides gun control), Trump is worse than Clinton would be in office.

There are too many people that make retirement money during the election cycles. The billons of dollars spent goes mostly to media advertising. None of those guys want to simplify or make it any cheaper to run and win. They are a large part of the problem.

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top