JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't underestimate the power of rhetoric and manipulative language. (AKA TDS).

Just talking to those who hates him... you'd get the impression that those 4 years of his presidency were the absolute worst :rolleyes:
More accurately is, don't underestimate the power of pop media. They hate Trump because he eliminated their powers between you and the White House. They are attacking Tucker because he circumvented them from his conversation with Putin.

The media wants to control every message. One of the biggest most important message is that guns are evil. They'll do ANYTHING to control that narrative.

A huge lie is the US is the only western country with access to firearms and most Americans believe that lie.

Did it actually happen, or just words to tickle the ears of some?
Just saying that there are reasons that Trump is not "wooing" the entire 2A crowd. Yeah, he'll still get my vote without a doubt, but he's not the pro-2A saint that this thread set out to claim he is, not at all.

I agree the upcoming presidential election is a choice between the lesser of "very poor candidates" as has happened many times in the past. This time between Trump and Biden feels like a new low in candidate quality...
As much as I dislike them both, I think it is very clear that a Republican President is more beneficial to the cause of the Second Amendment...
The firearms owning community has been reduced to pinning its last chance faith and hopes on the rulings of conservative judges; Judge Raschio in Oregon, Judge Benitez in Californian and the conservative judges on the Supreme Court appointed primarily by Trump.
Laws like magazine capacity, so-called assault weapons ban and the others would be in effect without the chance for repeal if not for the rulings of the conservative jurists appointed by Republican elected officials.

I'd love to be able to vote for someone for a change...instead of just voting against someone.

I'd really love to vote for someone who actually worked for the American people...and put their interests before self interest.
However...that ain't likely to happen.
Andy

Politicians will say what they think needs to be said , to put them into power...
And they will say anything to keep themselves there.

Any time...any politician is "wooing the 2-A crowd"....
I keep on hearing that song...."Tainted Love"....:eek: :D
Andy

Did he not ban the bump stock?
Yes. And I'd add:

• He suggested openness to adding the late Sen. Dianne Feinstein's "assault weapons" ban to a bipartisan gun bill stating "Dianne, if you could add what you have also and I think you can into the bill".
  • He supported red flag laws, saying, quote, "take the firearms first then go to court", while the aforementioned Sen. Feinstein cackled next to him.
  • The Hearing Protection Act went nowhere, despite the GOP having the House, the Senate, and a self-applied "Big Second Amendment believer" in the White House.
  • On two occasions he mentioned considering a silencer ban.
  • Nationwide reciprocity, which was a 2016 campaign promise, never saw the light of day. It passed the House, but was blocked in the Senate by Mitch McConnell.

I think we will certainly face more active attempts gun control under Biden, but historically the most damaging attacks on the second amendment have come under Republican president
I don't recall the more recent Republican presidents making gun control a campaign promise or actively pursuing once in office. Are you sure it wasn't a Democrat majority in other places that ushered in gun control laws during a Republican administration?

I don't recall the more recent Republican presidents making gun control a campaign promise or actively pursuing once in office. Are you sure it wasn't a Democrat majority in other places that ushered in gun control laws during a Republican administration?
Probably was, and it looks to be a slim to good chance that if Trump does get in the Dem's will hold a majority in both houses

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top