JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Today I finished my secondary AR-15. It still needs to be test fired and zeroed. I installed a Sylvan folding stock adapter and remounted my EOTECH 512 that was on my Smith and Wesson MP15-22. The stock adapter is very solid. This rifle is a carbine but has the H.B.(heavy barrel) 1/9 twist. This thing weighs more than it needs to. It has a A -frame fixed front post and a Magpul b.u.i.s. in the rear. A Magpul front hand guard and an ATI rear stock with an adjustable cheek piece. The hand grip has finger grooves and is sized to give a longer finger reach. It has an ambi safety. I have thoroughly cleaned it. I may add a Frank Procter sling. Any ideas on a trigger upgrade?

for a truck gun maybe just some JP yellows or red and yellow and a good smooth sear polish? thats what i do for the majority of my ARs another inexpensive option is the AIM drop in or RISE armament drop in triggers.

better off with a pistol you can carry it loaded if you have a cpl

OQgCPSA.jpg

The PSA EPT triggers are $30-45 dollars. I have those on two ARs. I have 3.5lb trigger I believe made by Ultra Match which I'm keeping but don't care for. There isn't much feel but it is light. Finally I have a Larue MBT for my current project not installed.

Trucks are pretty thick so a good "truck rifle" should be .308 with black-tips. lol
And are you sure you don't drive a Prius.. looking for a daintier trigger and all..

just kidding!

Not that I am against owning, carrying etc, and firearm of any kind as its our right to do so. ( No duh )
But Makes me wonder, on a firearms that one is going to carry in Truck I am assuming for a backup to a Carry
as well. Looking at how f-d society is, would not a better Truck Gun be better it it had wood? Yea Yea I know there is
no difference in it, I am looking at it from a panic first, world who would see you pull out that big bad black rifle even if in defense.
Sure they may panic anyways, but lets face it the picture of the AR platform is enough to put some antis into a frothy meltdown.
In a time that firearms is needed, perhaps a wood alternative? I am not talking SHTF, in that case who cares.
Ive always liked wood, woke up this morning thinking about this topic I saw last night. ( no was not thinking about morning wood smarty pants).. anyways take it or leave it for what its worth was just a thought.
This was my truck gun before I lost it in a boat accident.
15776938_570666363136522_1791488769547772073_o.jpg

Not that I am against owning, carrying etc, and firearm of any kind as its our right to do so. ( No duh )
But Makes me wonder, on a firearms that one is going to carry in Truck I am assuming for a backup to a Carry
as well. Looking at how f-d society is, would not a better Truck Gun be better it it had wood? Yea Yea I know there is
no difference in it, I am looking at it from a panic first, world who would see you pull out that big bad black rifle even if in defense.
Sure they may panic anyways, but lets face it the picture of the AR platform is enough to put some antis into a frothy meltdown.
In a time that firearms is needed, perhaps a wood alternative? I am not talking SHTF, in that case who cares.
Ive always liked wood, woke up this morning thinking about this topic I saw last night. ( no was not thinking about morning wood smarty pants).. anyways take it or leave it for what its worth was just a thought.
This was my truck gun before I lost it in a boat accident.
View attachment 502374
That leather is kinky.

The ALG ACT for $65 is a great trigger. All my ar's have them.

I use these too.
For a little more (under $100 on sale) the CMG drop-in is a good value and a big upgrade over milspec.

The ACT use to be my go-to trigger for my personal budget builds or for others who want an upgrade from a standard GI trigger to something decent without going crazy on a Geissele or other highend trigger. The ALG ACT, BCM PNT and SIONICS EMS-T, are basically the same concept - take a standard GI trigger, clean it up and throw a slick finish on it. Anymore though, SIONICS gets my money for an enhanced milspec trigger. Why? Because SIONICS uses NP3 and it is superior to NiB and the like. Same goes for the BCG, if I'm moving off the standard phosphate finish, it will be NP3 over anything else.

Got a .308. l will set it up once my current project is off of the bench. Yugo M48 is close to done. The .308 is a Smith and Wesson MP 10. It was going to be my truck gun. Instead I acquired the Bushmaster and put the folding stock on it. I do not care for AR pistols. When you need a rifle a pistol won't due. Of course I do have a handgun permit. I have to check I think my knife permit is due for a re-up!

People just don't like to see big knives. A few months ago I saw a guy packing a machete on his belt. I probably should have called the police.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top