JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Good article. I especially like this concluding line:

"If you feel your life is worth a $500 AR15 – you may need to reassess your life. I honestly believe your life is worth at least a $1000 AR15 and lots of training."

<broken link removed>

My life is worth about $150, if I'm to understand that my life is only worth the value of the gun I'm using to defend myself with.

Or $0.75 if we are talking the price of the hollow point I'll be sending down range with my gun.

Honestly, I'd trust my life to my $100 12ga "Honey" any day or night of the week.

I'd rather have a reliable gun then an expensive one.

With modern machinery, a $500 AR-15 is a pretty good deal that will work every time you press the "BOOM" switch. There have been more than a few police officers killed by a 150 dollar high point when they had a 600 dollar Glock.

Invest in the best equipment you can afford (including a "truck" gun) and spend some money to learn how to be better with the gun you have. You will need a functioning gun more than you will need a pretty gun.

Either you are the weapon and the gun is the tool or the gun is the weapon and YOU are the tool.... :s0114:

My life is worth about $150, if I'm to understand that my life is only worth the value of the gun I'm using to defend myself with.

Or $0.75 if we are talking the price of the hollow point I'll be sending down range with my gun.

Honestly, I'd trust my life to my $100 12ga "Honey" any day or night of the week.

I'd rather have a reliable gun then an expensive one.

That is dead on to me. Some of my guns are not the most valuable...to some. Yet I know I have fired many rounds and trust them more than I would any random 1100 dollar 1911 right now. Someone mentioned High point and I trust my carbine rifle that was 150 much more than the crap kimber I bought once upon a time (I was mesmerized by the beauty and ignored the forum warnings).
I just think people assume more money equals better guns way to often anymore. Do some research crazy people! Even 500 dollars has been enough to buy my SP101 or Glocks both of which I trust more than many more expensive pieces. People can say they do not like those guns as I am not a huge Glock fan either but they do always work....Because I clean them fanboys not because they just always work!!

I saw an article in a gun magazine that had 'truck guns' the .22 started out at $450 and the center fire bolt gun was like $1200. Those aren't truck guns...

Truck Gun............................;)
truck gun.jpg

I thought the point of a truck gun was to engage someone who had a vehicle for cover. Sure, it's nice if it's cheap and rugged enough that you don't care about it bouncing around in the heat and cold for years at a time, but the most important difference vs. a HD gun is the need for barrier penetration at short to moderate range.

Like this one, which can be legally concealed in your truck if you have a CHL:

I thought the point of a truck gun was to engage someone who had a vehicle for cover..
I've seen standard 12ga slug go through both doors (windows down) of an older/heavy car, through a standard type handgun vest and the ballistic simulator wearing it. My shotgun cost about $100.

If he feels that he needs a $1000 AR or else he is somehow compromising, then I have to seriously doubt his intelligence or his integrity. Because he is either just not smart enough to put together an AR (which you can do with few to no compromises for well less than $1000), or he is pimping for a high end AR company without disclosing it. Either way, the conclusion he came to is so wrong as to be laughable.

If he feels that he needs a $1000 AR or else he is somehow compromising, then I have to seriously doubt his intelligence or his integrity. Because he is either just not smart enough to put together an AR (which you can do with few to no compromises for well less than $1000), or he is pimping for a high end AR company without disclosing it. Either way, the conclusion he came to is so wrong as to be laughable.

x2. A bare-bones AR, with quality BCG, barrel, and lower internals is really all a person needs. Slap on sights and whatever furniture suits your taste, and you're good to go.

Whether you keep the gun in the "truck" all the time makes a difference on what constitutes a "truck gun" If your out in rural areas /farm probably gun in truck is much common. In urban areas keeping a gun in a vehicle is just plain stupid and dumb. If you think you need gun get a CHL and learn how to care for it and use it effectively.

Now yer talkin'. But I can't legally conceal a long gun on my person or in my vehicle unless it's locked up. I guess there's always the 12 ga. PGO-thingie that isn't quite an AOW or an SBS:
http://shockwavetechnologies.com/site/?page_id=88
Didn't click.
I don't think I'm following you. I think we're talking truck guns so your "conceal" barb is what?. a barb? And.. dood.. locked up? I think they've had locks on trucks for a couple hunderd years now. what?

Whether you keep the gun in the "truck" all the time makes a difference on what constitutes a "truck gun" If your out in rural areas /farm probably gun in truck is much common. In urban areas keeping a gun in a vehicle is just plain stupid and dumb. If you think you need gun get a CHL and learn how to care for it and use it effectively.
well said!

Certaindeaf,
Your CHL only applies to sidearms, so an accessible long gun inside your vehicle is forbidden. IIRC there's a specific exception for transporting a long gun to/from a shooting event, like going to the range.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top