JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In your post #133 - you quoted ME, not the OP, then you said:

"Actually, it was indeed fake news, spread by you. You were very happy to attack and condemn the NRA to your heart's content over this issue, despite the fact that this limitation was no longer true."

So you quoted me, then addressed that quote using "you", so yeah, I took it you were going after me personally. If that's not the case, then we're good. I wasn't the OP of this thread, that was a different member.

I am most sorry, as my comments were clearly meant for the OP, and not for you. I think that you must certainly realize that, as they would make zero sense with regard to yourself.

I apologize for this error.

If the decision was changed as of yesterday then it isn't fake news. This thread was from Monday.

I'll make it known that the only reason I consider donating to the NRA at all is because the other organizations don't have as much influence. Other than that, I don't care for the NRA. But I'm not going to go out of my way to "attack" the NRA. The thread was made before the reversal of the decision, so it isn't fake news. Its only old news.

Yet, many people here was most comfortable in continuing to disparage the NRA here in this thread, despite the fact that the situation was no longer true.

Nancy Pelosi is most certainly celebrating all of this criticism of the NRA by gun owners too:

Pelosi-Lance-Iversen-SFChronicle.jpg

Last Edited:
:rolleyes:

Looks like you're only getting out of my post what you want. I'm not blatantly attacking the NRA and saying don't donate to them, just stating that this was in no way fake news. It was old news, that is that.

Guess its hard to tell the difference. :s0140:

Dude, I have never referred specifically to any posts by you here in this discussion. I am only criticising this thread as a whole, with my harshest criticism for the author MrNatural. I have no interest in knowing what you personally have said or did not say. I have not once referred to you in this discussion.

I don't know why you are trying to turn this into a conversation about yourself, when that is not what I am talking about. Seems to me that you are attempting to misdirect this discussion.

Dude, I have never referred specifically to any posts by you here in this discussion. I am only criticising this thread as a whole, with my harshest criticism for the author MrNatural. I have no interest in knowing what you personally have said or did not say.

I don't know why you are trying to turn this into a conversation about yourself.
Didn't come off that way. Even so, you said it was fake news. I'm merely saying it wasn't fake news, just old news. There is a difference between the two.

Whether or not people were attacking the NRA, is irrelevant to that. The NRA made a decision, they reversed it due to the reaction they received from it.

Didn't come off that way. Even so, you said it was fake news. I'm merely saying it wasn't fake news, just old news. There is a difference between the two.

Whether or not people were attacking the NRA, is irrelevant to that. The NRA made a decision, they reversed it due to the reaction they received from it.

Yes, your comments did indeed come off that way. You kept referring to things that you said, when I never. ever raised anything at all about anything that you said. Clearly, you were attempting to shift the discussion onto yourself.

And to say that is is irrelevant that members of this forum are so harshly belittling the NRA? Of course that is relevant to discuss here, as we are all supposedly gun owners that are interested in preserving our gun rights.

Again, the enemies of gun rights have to be rejoicing at hearing talk critical of the NRA by gun owners.

635901994623396205-IMG-5306-copy.jpg

Yes, your comments did indeed come off that way. You kept referring to things that you said, when I never. ever raised anything at all about anything that you said. Clearly, you were attempting to shift the discussion onto yourself.

And to say that is is irrelevant that members of this forum are so harshly belittling the NRA? Of course that is relevant to discuss here, as we are all supposedly gun owners that are interested in preserving our gun rights.

Again, the enemies of gun rights have to be rejoicing at hearing talk critical of the NRA by gun owners.

View attachment 371917

When you were quoting me and saying such things, you came off as if you were talking about me.

And the members attacking the NRA is irrelevant to the point I was making:

This is actually totally bogus fake news. The story is completely false.
If the decision was changed as of yesterday then it isn't fake news.
It never was fake, it was old news. Whether or not people should keep supporting the NRA instead of blatantly attacking them over something like that is a different point.

If the NRA does something stupid it is fine for us to call them out or just criticize them for it, that is not necessarily an attack.

As gun owners, who better to criticize the NRA then us, the people who make up the NRA?

Looks like due to our criticisms they responded and reversed their 1911 ban so our and no doubt others criticism worked.

~

If the NRA does something stupid it is fine for us to call them out or just criticize them for it, that is not necessarily an attack.

As gun owners, who better to criticize the NRA then us, the people who make up the NRA?

Looks like due to our criticisms they responded and reversed their 1911 ban so our and no doubt others criticism worked.

~

Exactly. The membership, who the NRA supposedly answers to, should hold them accountable when they do something they shouldn't. Legitimate criticism is important to keep any organization on target. In this case, they clearly didn't understand how important those two gun types are to the gun carrying public. Hopefully they understand that now.

Carry Guard is just a knock off of other, original programs... The NRA should stick to lobbying for gun rights...

Wish they were as rabid in defending gun rights at the state level as they are begging for money...
Agreed!!! They could also stop wasting money on horrible commercials and get us our tax stamp and wait free suppressors we were promised back in November

Agreed!!! They could also stop wasting money on horrible commercials and get us our tax stamp and wait free suppressors we were promised back in November

Join the NRA for lobby numbers,but if you want a true friend to the gun owner,who works tirelessly to oppose draconian gun laws,also support the Gun Owners of America.They don't build and run rifle ranges for the elite,but work their tails of for you and me in DC.

Just when you think the LaPierre cabal couldn't get any stupider, comes this:

NRA: No 1911s or Revolvers in NRA Carry Guard Training Classes

Here's the link to the story: NRA: No 1911s or Revolvers in NRA Carry Guard Training Classes - The Truth About Guns

"We will not allow revolvers or 1911s as your primary firearm in this class."

And if you use a 1911 or revolver in self defense, Carry Guard probably won't cover you because THEY didn't train you on it. Just speculation, but I'll bet you a buffalo nickel it's somewhere in the fine print.

We pause now for ALL the NRA groupies to jump in with their shrill denunciations of anyone who criticizes the Frenchman's Fudds. The rationalizations for this INCANDESCENTLY stupid move should be a real hoot!

And now you know why I say, "F*** the NRA."

I have read through the posts and must say that I have lost some of my time with certain comments and have been enlightened by others. Whatever the reason is for rejecting certain firearm types is their choice. My choice is to ignore the pointless stuff and go on with my own training. If you carry a revolver great take a revolver course. If you carry a 1911 great take a course for it. Simple thing is to CARRY YOUR firearm and train with it. Don't buy it and then leave it in the safe. I am certain that they will find out that the cookie cutter class is nice but even with that they will have to periodically change it.

The only problem I will really have is if they don't see the point of not constantly learning and adapting the classes. Like etrain said take a different class if you don't like it. I personally rather spend half the money on a course, then the rest of my money I saved on ammunition, and then training from what I learned from the course I took.

Last Edited:
I also would rather have someone that didn't take a course helping me put rounds down on bad guys then someone that took a class or two and never practiced what they learned. Easier to show someone that doesn't have the mindset that, "I took a couple classes 6 months ago and have not fired a single round since but I have those classes."

I usually train at Front Sight twice a year. They are not perfect, but not bad. They say no Sub Compacts or snub's , but they seem to allow them if that's what you show up with and the Range Master gives the okay. I have seen XDS's used.
am a lifetime member of the NRA, Did not like their sudden door slam on the USCCA of which I am also a member. The NRA lost me for a decade or two, but I realized that The Washington DC folks believe they, the NRA, are the only legitimate spokesmen for gun owners in the USA. I support them now as they are the 800 pound Gorilla seemingly on our side.
I also am a member of the 2d Amendment Foundation National, but based in the North West. Also the Gun Owners of America is no slouch as far as a large organization goes. I'm a member of GOA and Oregon Firearms Federation also. We need all the help we can get. I there to witness the OFF and NRA try to sway the lawmakers in Salem last year. Good arguments by both.
I just never wanted NRA training, and I use USCCA for carry insurance.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top