JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would not leave gun in car unattended.

I often use 10.5" bufferless ar pistol with folding stock or mp5 clone in sling pack that you can swing around and open with a single pull. Sling bag on floor or seat unzipped so you can grab it immediately. Take it with you gun does not live in car.

Or smaller version is Glock 34 with b&t USW chassis. That can go in fleece jacket pocket or messenger bag.

I would not leave gun in car unattended.

I often use 10.5" bufferless ar pistol with folding stock or mp5 clone in sling pack that you can swing around and open with a single pull. Sling bag on floor or seat unzipped so you can grab it immediately. Take it with you gun does not live in car.

Or smaller version is Glock 34 with b&t USW chassis. That can go in fleece jacket pocket or messenger bag.
I think there was a case recently about some postal employee and a gun in a car.

When I had a PO box I always carried into the post office, and one day I noticed a sign on the window about guns, which I didn't read.

I don't like leaving my gun in the car either.

Leaving a gun in an unattended vehicle is a horrible idea, even with a lock box. I have heard many more stories about "truck guns" being stolen than anyone ever using and/or needing them for defensive purposes. Living out in rural areas is obviously different, as is their use case for them (predator control instead of defensive).

The likelihood of it being stolen is exponentially higher than you ever needing to use it, to me that is not worth the risk.

Car guns are pretty much illegal in Washington.
Theyre just as legal as they are in OR. I'd love to see the RCW you are referring to?

I legally carry an AR15 SBR in my work truck at all times, unloaded, with a magazine right next to it. That's my truck gun. That's 100% legal in this state.

I won't get into AR pistols or the similar because those are also covered under my CPL.

You spelled Man Sachel wrong.
First image when googling "man satchel" looks like a purse to me
1712028743063.png
I'm just glad it wasn't a nutsack

Theyre just as legal as they are in OR. I'd love to see the RCW you are referring to?

I legally carry an AR15 SBR in my work truck at all times, unloaded, with a magazine right next to it. That's my truck gun. That's 100% legal in this state.

I won't get into AR pistols or the similar because those are also covered under my CPL.

I'm curious how you legally carry a loaded long gun in Washington.

I have been thinking about a truck gun and had some questions.
For a number of reasons I often can't carry on my body/ with me and I have been thinking about keeping something in my car. Probably well hidden as part of my get home tools, but would not be easily accessible.

1. Do you have one and handgun, rifle or both?
2. Is it hidden or easily accessible? Do load in/out daily?
3. Is it one of your 'quality' guns or more of a cheaper backup?
4. How many rounds? Range type ammo or self defense?
5. Other stuff to consider?

Thanks
If you're intent on keeping one in your vehicle that's your choice, my only recommendation is don't leave it in overnight(my 2cents). Also, there is a safe dealer in Vancouver who has in vehicle safes with thick metal and locks that bolt mount to the vehicle. https://trackersafe.com/ check with them and see if they have something that would work for you or if they know someone who does. No sales tax on gun safes in WA also.
Hornady makes a nice one as well. https://store.hornady.com/hornady-rapid-safe-ar-gunlocker

Last Edited:
I have been thinking about a truck gun and had some questions.
For a number of reasons I often can't carry on my body/ with me and I have been thinking about keeping something in my car. Probably well hidden as part of my get home tools, but would not be easily accessible.

1. Do you have one and handgun, rifle or both?
2. Is it hidden or easily accessible? Do load in/out daily?
3. Is it one of your 'quality' guns or more of a cheaper backup?
4. How many rounds? Range type ammo or self defense?
5. Other stuff to consider?

Thanks
Cars are easily stolen. They are easily towed by tweeker tow truck drivers - I saw this in the 80s. Then, Sawzall and/or acetylene torch defeat the safe/gun locker and the gun is in sociopathic hands and YOU will have questions to answer.
Years ago, foaming at the mouth leftist Sean Penn left two guns in his Buick Grand National in a restaurant parking lot. Car and guns were stolen.
Nope. Gun in car only if you are in car.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top