JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You spelled Man Sachel wrong.
I use one for travel. Mostly for medical. Too much stuff for a pocket not enough room in some places for bigger luggage. Even a backpack is clumsy trying to filter around in a nasty restroom. (I do like the European fully enclosed stalls).

I haven't experienced any foot tapping noises as of yet, but maybe that's just an American thing.

I have carried a truck gun for most of 50 years. But I live pretty rural. I would bet if you looked through 10 trucks here you would find guns in 8 or more.
One thing about carrying a truck gun is they get beat up. If you keep them in a sealed padded case you run the danger of getting moisture in there , if they are in a loose rack they are visible, and if they are in a safe that allows air around them it also allows some movement and that causes rack wear.
My favorite truck guns have been SKS, a Sears branded lever gun, and a H&R Topper. I still own them but a few years bouncing around in the truck takes a toll on finishes.
The place I did not carry a truck gun was when I worked at a downtown jail. I had to leave my truck parked in an open lot in an urban area.
My current trucks have locking racks under the rear seat. If someone stole the truck, they could get them out, but they won't get in a smash and grab. Pretty much the same as stealing a cop car. [ which does happen ].
For those that say its so easy to steal a car, how hard is it to break into houses? Mose people keep there guns in the master bedroom. DR

Good point. I'm gunna strap my .300WM to my labradoodle.
Verify first but... :s0140:

0bb2de8dce70d5addb3d0ee160e2aa4a8836b787c6ef46062c565705f5a9e982_1.jpg

So I just walked through a large parking lot - how can you tell if a car has a weapon in it unless you can see it. I suspect the criminals can't tell either.
I think probably 70% of the car/truck gun population probably have a bunch of gun stickers on their vehicle.

Living/working in Portland, I just keep one on me. No sense in having a vehicle gun that's in a vehicle that's in a parking garage not connected to where I spend most of my time. Plus, aren't we still like #3 for stolen cars? Not a smart idea.

There was a news story I was going to post, but can't find. A fella in Gresham kept a .300 BO folder, several hundred rounds and spare mags, along with a helmet and body armor stolen from his truck, in his driveway. Duuuuuuuumb.

I think probably 70% of the car/truck gun population probably have a bunch of gun stickers on their vehicle.

Living/working in Portland, I just keep one on me. No sense in having a vehicle gun that's in a vehicle that's in a parking garage not connected to where I spend most of my time. Plus, aren't we still like #3 for stolen cars? Not a smart idea.

There was a news story I was going to post, but can't find. A fella in Gresham kept a .300 BO folder, several hundred rounds and spare mags, along with a helmet and body armor stolen from his truck, in his driveway. Duuuuuuuumb.
Pretty sure the guy who had his gear taken was LE…. Which is a really good look for the agency. I may be wrong though.

Killing trucks.

I want one of those guns.
Depends on the type of truck I guess?

Even Brinks cash in transit armored trucks aren't bullet proof to rifle calibers :s0140:

A 12ga slug to the radiator and block makes short work of the running gear.

A .50bmg round would literally go through the front of a Mack truck and pretty much everything to the rear trailer bumper, if there isn't dirt or armor in the trailer.

A .50bmg would be good to go through a Caterpillar engine block, and the cab. These aren't armored trucks though they're tough.

A 9mm would make short work of most of the current market light trucks because of the light sheetmetal (aluminum on some!)

Depends on the type of truck I guess?

Even Brinks cash in transit armored trucks aren't bullet proof to rifle calibers :s0140:

A 12ga slug to the radiator and block makes short work of the running gear.

A .50bmg round would literally go through the front of a Mack truck and pretty much everything to the rear trailer bumper, if there isn't dirt or armor in the trailer.

A .50bmg would be good to go through a Caterpillar engine block, and the cab. These aren't armored trucks though they're tough.

A 9mm would make short work of most of the current market light trucks because of the light sheetmetal (aluminum on some!)
We're not talking killing me softly kind of a wuss gun here.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top