JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A little late to the game but we have had State Farm for both renters and home owners and they have never asked about make or model firearms....they stated the dollar value the coverage offered then I told them to up to the next increment. This has been several years though, may have to give them a call just to be sure.

Currently have State Farm on all our vehicles, but they started getting
a little crazy on homeowners a few years ago. Felt like I was personally
paying for every flooded/hurricane damaged home in the midwest and
south.:)

We switched to Country Insurance and Financial---cheaper for the policy, and much cheaper than SF on our "scheduled" items. I carry extra coverage on the competition guns, listed on the rider by SN and description. And yes,
several of them are AR's.

I have a lot of State Farm coverage as well. When I asked them about a rider for firearms a year or so ago, thinking that I might be able to save some money, they said sure ... but their quoted price was at least five times higher than many other available forms of firearms insurance on the market. It was easy to pass, and they didn't mind at all. I got the distinct feeling, in fact, that they'd rather not write coverage for guns at all and discouraged folks from buying their coverage by hiking the prices into orbit.

Hey Guys, does the NRA affiliated firm carry homeowners/renters and auto? Perhaps, they deserve our full business. Understand they bonus for bundled coverages due to the profits due to auto and umbrella and others. < too lazy to look it up myself.>

Take a look at what I received in the mail today. I'd call this hard proof that Travelers is decidedly anti-gun and no friend of ours. Please join me in spreading this info far and wide.

Nice... I'm glad I've never used Traverlers Insurance to cover anything! If you don't mind I would like to link to your picture on another forum.

Charles

stick with state farm. i recently switched to them for a renters/auto policy. before any money exchanged hands, i questioned my agent thoroughly about the types, brands, calibers, and amounts of guns specificly covered or not covered. he said i was covered up to $10k on all property, regardless of type. he said if my collection ever exceeds that amount, he can write a seperate policy specifically covering my firearm collection.

FWIW I work for a company called Country Insurance and Financial Services. We Do Home, Auto, Life and Disability Insurance as well as retirement planning.

Our base renter insurance runs about $7.00 a month.

We are totally unbiased in regards to firearms, and recently I just insured a guy's collection with over 25 Military Collector Weapons, Ak's AR's Garands and etc... the company did not care.

if you want PM me your number, or give me a call and I can give you a quote, I will send you my number. I would affiliate with the NRA, but I don't think I can afford it :)

I would like to start supporting this site however...

Thanks,

Cody

my state farm agent is a friend and has told me to just watch the value. and to make sure i get i rider when i went over 5k. i did and he could care less what kind >>>>> if i am paying more i think it is worth it just my two cents

If you do have more guns than the standard 5K or 10K or whatever
will cover, the additional insurance is figured on a $ per thousand
per year basis on the additional coverage. Shop around, the rate
varies a LOT. When we were insurance shopping a few years ago
Country was less than half of State Farm.

If you do have more guns than the standard 5K or 10K or whatever
will cover, the additional insurance is figured on a $ per thousand
per year basis on the additional coverage. Shop around, the rate
varies a LOT. When we were insurance shopping a few years ago
Country was less than half of State Farm

Thanks for the vote of confidence BillM. I would state our price per thousand on here, but I believe somewhere in my contract it will not allow it

nevertheless it is CHEAP

what state farm doesn't tell you is that the standard policy does not cover a single gun to more then $500, and if just one of them is stolen they are gonna jerk you around.

not just state farm, really nearly all companies do it, the benefit of having an agent is that they can help you accurately protect what you have, and make sure nothing falls through the cracks. By Scheduling Coverage it protects an object whether it be a gun, a ring or whatever to a set amount. and there is typically no limit on this I recently scheduled a peice of Jewelery for a customer just shy of $25k, and all we wanted was an appraisal. with a gun you can typically use the "market value of that model.

Thanks

Cody

Last Edited:
thanks Joey!

now if my wife asks me why I'm on the forums all the time I can just say I'm working... :)

oh, and BTW... I just payed a little more attention to your Avatar... thats the truth!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top