JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can anyone recommend, either via personal experience or word of mouth, an Oregon criminal defense lawyer that specializes in 2A?

Basically think a legal retainer, paid in advance, vs a shrouded sketchy third party insurance policy that can be denied after having paid into it.

Can anyone recommend, either via personal experience or word of mouth, an Oregon criminal defense lawyer that specializes in 2A?

Basically think a legal retainer, paid in advance, vs a shrouded sketchy third party insurance policy that can be denied after having paid into it.
Dang it…. I just saw something like this mentioned on the Youtubes…. It was an interstate network of law firms that you kept on retainer for a monthly fee (or something like that) and NOT some weasel insurance company with so many indemnity and disqualification clauses in the über fine-print of a policy…. just straight-forward legal representation.

Dang, I wish I could remember what video that was mentioned in!

I can't offer any suggestions for your request.

I am curious though about this question with how you posed it. The way I am reading your post makes it seem that you are suggesting one is better than the other or one will help more than the other.

Aren't they for different parts of the equation? The lawyer to help you navigate the courts and the insurance to cover any financial judgements against you?
Maybe, I am not sure. I've asked companies that offer the insurance how that works, because it still sounds like you need to pay the lawyer. Which confuses me as to why I'd be paying into it monthly, if I still have to pay.

It's sounds like an unnecessary middle man, and the insurance company can deny your claim pretty much at their whim, according to the contract. So I guess I'm asking why would anyone use a company like that, with those possible caveats, rather than just purchase a retainer with a lawyer of your choosing, in advance.

Seeing if anyone has any insight into angles I'm missing in this.

Apologies, I didn't read the last part of your question well enough, maybe you are right, so the insurance would be for the final judgement, if fines are imposed, rather than the lawyer's fees? They have caveats that they don't need to pay if you're convicted of a crime though. That's seems like sketchy footing for a monthly payment to me is my concern/question.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top