JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No secrets.
The Moderators need to know all the details to get him straight,
or get him gone.

There's a big anti2a "push" on, and last few days lots of "termites" have begun to emerge from the woodwork to try to troll gun forums, trying to make gun forums, and gun owners look bad. They're trying to get members to break laws (or say they did), to follow up false stories with violent/unhinged replies, to respond to fake surveys and phone #'s. They often try to identify names, addresses, personal info.
It's well funded, highly organized and carefully planned. These guys think the timing is right.

Now, more than ever, lets be excellent to each other, cool our jets, read our posts several times before we hit "enter"....
....and try our best to trust, but always verify.
Excellent post. I feel similar that now, more than ever, we need to exercise caution when buying or selling a fire arm. I have many fire arms that were picked up prior to the law being enacted. And yes it's tempting to exercise a trade or do a sale knowing there is no likely way it would be found out if the law were skirted, except the person on the other half of the buy/sell were looking to expose the transaction as an example of "illegal gun dealing". We certainly don't need this. The media and their readers only remember the bad. Bad news sells much better than good news. Additionally, I don't need to be breaking any laws, even though I think it sucks, but that's for another future post.

I was just having this conversation with a younger guy I work with about the law being stupid but me still thinking it should be followed. Whats funny is a few weeks ago I had been explaining to him that the NICS system is not a registry and the local Oregon and/or federal govt. doesn't keep track of who owns what guns other then a paper filing of who passed the background check and for what gun....which lead him to ask "isn't that a registry?" I continued to explain that the paperwork was not filed in a manner that kept track of what citizen had what guns in a quickly accessible list format that could result in quickly printable lists of how many guns each person had in the event of a tyrannical seizure.

Anyway, where I am going with this is considering that what I said above was true(PLEASE correct me and further explain if I am wrong) hypothetically if a person buys a gun from another person without the FFL and that gun gets used in a justified/legal self defense shooting is there anyway for the courts and police to figure out that the gun was illegally transferred to the more recent owner who used it.

My understanding is that the only way a gun can be illegally possessed in the state of OR as well as WA, ID is if the possessor is prohibited or the gun would have to be reported stolen. Unless of course the owner incriminated themselves by telling the details of purchase to an LEO.

BTW, I am certainly not advocating breaking any laws here! I'm just being curious about how the system works.

Oregon is keeping "5 years" of backgrounds check data now due to an executive order by Kate Brown.

Welcome to Oregon, Now Turn In Your Guns

Brown's first decree laid the groundwork for a future firearm owners registry. Brown looks to take advantage of current state statutes by directing the Oregon State Police to keep firearm transaction records for a full five-year period, combined with any trace data from the (ATF) as well as any other data collected as evidence to build the most complete database she can under the widest possible interpretation of existing statu

Oregon is keeping "5 years" of backgrounds check data now due to an executive order by Kate Brown.

Welcome to Oregon, Now Turn In Your Guns

Brown's first decree laid the groundwork for a future firearm owners registry. Brown looks to take advantage of current state statutes by directing the Oregon State Police to keep firearm transaction records for a full five-year period, combined with any trace data from the (ATF) as well as any other data collected as evidence to build the most complete database she can under the widest possible interpretation of existing statu
Just another reason she needs to be removed from office...

Lemme guess.... you're fav is the eclair. o_O

:(

24CB9FFA-9613-49DD-B347-2283FB004AB2.gif

Thanks for letting us know. We have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to illegal activity. This post does a perfect job of summarizing our reasoning.

No secrets.
The Moderators need to know all the details to get him straight,
or get him gone.

There's a big anti2a "push" on, and last few days lots of "termites" have begun to emerge from the woodwork to try to troll gun forums, trying to make gun forums, and gun owners look bad. They're trying to get members to break laws (or say they did), to follow up false stories with violent/unhinged replies, to respond to fake surveys and phone #'s. They often try to identify names, addresses, personal info.
It's well funded, highly organized and carefully planned. These guys think the timing is right.

Now, more than ever, lets be excellent to each other, cool our jets, read our posts several times before we hit "enter"....
....and try our best to trust, but always verify.

IMHO.....

If the Govt really wanted BGCs to be conducted on every private (person to person) gun sale. It's my belief that the Govt should have offered them for FREE.

Then again.....a FREE check might just be a temporary thing. You know, it just might be a ploy to get us to embrace the BGC law. Who knows? At what point will it become a USER FEE? Yeah....the Govt spends X dollars every year to run the BGC system. So, we need to recover some of that money. Lets start at $100 to run a BGC.

Hummm, I already own numerous firearms and I have a CCW. But to be legal, as a buyer in a private sale, I must undergo another BGC (and pay a fee to an FFL). Really, was that a good use of my limited monetary resources? Course, the Govt doesn't care about me and my financial situation. It's about CONTROL.

Not to mention, that the politicians can continue to play lip service to the 2nd A.

"YES, I support the 2nd Amendment. But, we have a current law. So pay up, in order to use that RIGHT."

I wonder when they'll start charging for a permit to attend church?

Wasn't the main goal of the BGC law about reducing the possibility/probability that a prohibited person would get a hold of a firearm via a private sale? If I had the opportunity to directly call my law enforcement agency and get a BGC (and rest my own mind) on a prospective buyer (without papers and fees), why wouldn't I do that?

Then again......the LIBERALS are probably laughing. Yup, they know how to boil a frog.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Ah, I'm used to being forgotten about as a mod here. But if a brand new member is up to no good, I'd sure like to be considered as I'm on here more than any other staff member.

Ah, I'm used to being forgotten about as a mod here. But if a brand new member is up to no good, I'd sure like to be considered as I'm on here more than any other staff member.

Including me on the front-end! Thanks again for all you do here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top