JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw a news article online a while back, about a study someone did about the effectiveness of gun safety training, and "Eddie Eagle" in particular.

The "study" purported to show that Eddie Eagle was ineffective, because kids who watched a video and colored a coloring book were just as likely to be unsafe and handle a fake gun when observed in a room alone. It was a thinly veiled hit piece on the NRA. It really irritates me to see opinion articles disguised as journalism.

It should be obvious and logical that a short video and coloring book are a starting point for gun safety. As anyone who teaches any subject knows, something like that is not terribly effective by itself, but it's a lot better than nothing and it's a great starting point and supplement to a serious discussion.
The old Eddie the eagle was a full on class room with hands on and a teacher not just a color book

It's got cut down over the years and guess what . more kids die from accedent Shooting .
I'm almost 50 year old when I was in school I can't remember kids Shooting each other or accedent Shooting .mmmmmmm I wonder what has changed

I wasn't knocking Eddie Eagle, by the way. I think it's a great program. As far a teaching your kids gun safety it's a great place to start.

If the schools taught gun safety the way some teach sex ed, they'd be handing out free ammo and bullet proof vests... :)

Yep I don't have kids in school but my nephew and niece are high school age .and from what I see they would be better off .
Staying home .

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR