JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want to participate in Practicle Pistol events. DRRC (Portland aera) has them sceduled monthly. Question is does anyone offer classes to prepare newbes to shoot competitively. I have found multiple training opertunites but nothing on competition shooting prep. Help, and thanks.

You might contact the club and see how they do it. May be assign you a guide or mentor for your first couple events or something. I know when I've tried a new shooting game I got lots of help early on. No one starts off as a master class shooter but with practice everyone gets better.

Search youtube. Tons of videos of all the top (past and present) competitive shooters. There is a lot of strategy involved.
Most all the local gun clubs have monthly matches. Go check one out and see how the really fast shooter's prep for a stage and how they actually shoot it.

I'm a speed steel guy myself, but have a few each of USPSA and IDPA under my belt. Never in any of those matches (over several years) have I not felt welcome and or not had folks give me tips or tricks to rules, stage planning, etc.

So get out there and good luck! :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads