JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw a news article online a while back, about a study someone did about the effectiveness of gun safety training, and "Eddie Eagle" in particular.

The "study" purported to show that Eddie Eagle was ineffective, because kids who watched a video and colored a coloring book were just as likely to be unsafe and handle a fake gun when observed in a room alone. It was a thinly veiled hit piece on the NRA. It really irritates me to see opinion articles disguised as journalism.

It should be obvious and logical that a short video and coloring book are a starting point for gun safety. As anyone who teaches any subject knows, something like that is not terribly effective by itself, but it's a lot better than nothing and it's a great starting point and supplement to a serious discussion.
The old Eddie the eagle was a full on class room with hands on and a teacher not just a color book

It's got cut down over the years and guess what . more kids die from accedent Shooting .
I'm almost 50 year old when I was in school I can't remember kids Shooting each other or accedent Shooting .mmmmmmm I wonder what has changed

I wasn't knocking Eddie Eagle, by the way. I think it's a great program. As far a teaching your kids gun safety it's a great place to start.

If the schools taught gun safety the way some teach sex ed, they'd be handing out free ammo and bullet proof vests... :)

Yep I don't have kids in school but my nephew and niece are high school age .and from what I see they would be better off .
Staying home .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads