JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The cult of the Colt Python is also off putting. Both the ar and the ak also have the same rabidly fanatical followers.

Just a hint? The perfect gun has yet to be invented.

Personally, I tend to be in the following cults: S&W k-frame, 1911, Garand, and US milsurp bolt guns. All the rest are just Legos to fill a specific purpose. They have no soul.

Subjective list for sure, the cult-worthy pieces I drool over are all metal and wood.

- Luger
- M1 Garand
- Colt 1911
- 10/22
- Whatever gun you shot first with your dad/brother/scout troop/best friend/...

Subjective list for sure, the cult-worthy pieces I drool over are all metal and wood.

- Luger
- M1 Garand
- Colt 1911
- 10/22
- Whatever gun you shot first with your dad/brother/scout troop/best friend/...

So that AR-7 we had in scout camp that the "range master" had "filed down the sear" on counts? 8 rounds real fast.

LOL!!! I saw the MAS-36 in his lead in and thought jeeze this is going to be both weird and disappointing!

I'm with Medic! On this one! Like them all! Even if I disagree with some of the choices on the video.

Last Edited:
We used M14s on the subs when I was in so i had to get one of my own. i cant imagine being without one. To me they are the superior outcome of what Mr. Garand was working towards when he started working on the garand.

kind of joking.

Sinner, wretch, and reprobate! Prepare for a War of Religion whereupon thou shalt verily be smote with His own holy short caliber fury! 20 angelic hosts, no mere 8. Hah!

The father, John C. knew that if you taught your soldiers to shoot and gave them a real caliber, they only needed 8.;)

I love my Garand. In terms of pure fun to shoot, it's hard to beat. There are shortcomings of the gun as a modern rifle and were at the time as a main battle rifle. But it served the country well.

Agreed, @MountainBear
The M1 Garand in capable hands can hold its own. Also, legend has it that an experienced infantryman could reload his M1 with a new 8 round clip as fast or faster than another soldier with a newly issued M14 could rock a new magazine into his rifle. I dunno if that's true or not, but I've heard that legend more than once. Still, I'd like to see him top off his M1 with an administrative reload. ;)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top