JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
MY GAWD no one mentioned OPEN RANGE one of the most accurate gun fights ever filmed. From the use of the Guns to the actual Guns being used. The reloading and of course the results of a hit.

Shotgun through the side of the store completely blowing the guy walking outside away and the way the nerves cause his leg to shake.

Wicks for sure(watching chapter 2 presently)

Patton is my fav WW2 flick, or maybe Big Red 1, or Enemy at the gates, saving private ryan..IDK? Can't pick..

The A-Team...they fly a tank for crying out loud!(and Jessica Biel)

Lone Surviver because I LOVE the Mk 12

Shooter (two Marky Mark movies in a row:eek:)

Boondock Saints 1&2

Shoot em up... aka the real "adventures in babysitting"

Firefly/Serenity's Steampunkish guns

Red Dawns for sure although little bro in the new one is a terrible actor

Rambos... That .50 scene in 5 is brutal!

Expenables 1,2&3 have to be in there

and 5th but not least... Tremors. Because Burt Gummer!

Is that 5 yet?
I could go all day

Burt Gummer and the Boondock Saints are hard to beat.

Well, in no particular order, here are some favorites:
  • Red Dawn
  • Saving Private Ryan
  • John Wick (haven't seen #2 yet)
  • The Matrix (1st movie only)
  • Terminator & Terminator 2
  • Equilibrium (I don't care for Christian Bale, but loved this movie)
  • Jeremiah Johnson
  • The Fifth Element
  • Die Hard (#1 only)
  • RED
  • Enemy at the Gates
  • Deadpool
  • The Accountant
  • Mr and Mrs Smith
  • The Transporter
  • Taken

Squigley Down Under
Posse From Hell
The Alamo
Zulu
Four Feathers
The Mummy
The Ghost and the Darkness
The Lost World
The Jackal
Predator
Hell On Wheels
Bullitt (he did have a gun!)
The Hills Have Eyes
Aliens
Taken (tho Liam is an azz)

I'm not much of a movie guy an the all too frequent firearms inaccuracies annoy me (like the 1903A3 that shows up in the Wild Bunch) but i liked these:
The Wind and the Lion
1898 Krags, 1897 Win riot gun, 1895 Colt potato digger MG and Marines, OORAH!

Sand Pebbles
1903 Springfield and Browning Automatic Rifle.

I loved Zulu until I actually was in combat. (Actually I still love Zulu.) The problem with war movies is that everyone and everything is just too "bubblegumming™" clean all the time. People staggering around with their arms blown off and all the muscles, veins, and tendons hanging down from their shoulders like D-day in Ryan or scenes from the Pacific are all well and good but what we really need are some graphic shots of guys with their torso muscles, abs, and genitals all missing from the effects of artillery or landmine concussion.

The sort of shots that would show their exposed hips, pubic bones, ribcages, and yellow and purplish small and large intestines hanging out all over the place while the corpsman tries to shove some of it back in place. Plus smell-o-vision with plenty of gun smoke, blood, and leaking excrement or other half digested stuff filling everyones nostrils.

In war far, far more people, civilians and soldiers alike, die or are maimed from artillery or bombs than are shot. More graphic casualty scenes in war movies of injuries caused by high explosives would be far more realistic IMHO.

If i recall rite, Movie name was Last Man Standing, Where bruce willis shot a ton of 1911 ammo, And killed this whole gang because they broke the wind shield in his model a.

That was a fun movie. That being said, I'd love to find some of those magical single stack 1911's with flush fit mags that Bruce could shoot 30 times before reloading.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top