JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You guys are coming up with solutions for which there isn't a problem. I remember NASA spending about $15M to develop a pen that would write in the ISS, or even underwater. Proudly showing it to their Russian co-astronauts as they wrote upside-down and in a mug of water.

Puzzled, the Russian pulled out his 10c grease pencil and did the same...

Shoot 'em, pick 'em up.

How hard can that be?

tac

You guys are coming up with solutions for which there isn't a problem. I remember NASA spending about $15M to develop a pen that would write in the ISS, or even underwater. Proudly showing it to their Russian co-astronauts as they wrote upside-down and in a mug of water.

Puzzled, the Russian pulled out his 10c grease pencil and did the same...

Shoot 'em, pick 'em up.

How hard can that be?

tac

Lol, yeah I remember that as well... I thought it was just a pencil but I could incorrect on that.

I used to think the same thing about just shoot em and pick them up... then I turned 50 and suddenly bending down and standing up became much more difficult. Now I am pushing 60 and if I bend over to tie my shoes, I look around to see if there is anything else that I need to do while I am down there because I don't want to make the trip more than once :confused:

Pics man, gotta show us pics...;)

IMG_20171222_083446399_HDR.jpg IMG_20171222_083457902_HDR.jpg IMG_20171222_083510533_HDR.jpg

Lol, yeah I remember that as well... I thought it was just a pencil but I could incorrect on that.

I used to think the same thing about just shoot em and pick them up... then I turned 50 and suddenly bending down and standing up became much more difficult. Now I am pushing 60 and if I bend over to tie my shoes, I look around to see if there is anything else that I need to do while I am down there because I don't want to make the trip more than once :confused:

EXACTLY... I'll be glad when I get a bunch of grandbabies and get them trained too....:D

I also use the Brass Dragger 150.
:D

It's a rectangle basket; made of plastic, I put wood skids on the bottom, and a 48" paracord lanyard.

Dragging it around vibrates and marries the brass, and allows the heavier basalt gravel settle to the bottom.

It's good for @15 pounds of brass.

;)

Reading your description of the workings of this contraption then looking at the pictures I still fail to see how this thing works.o_O
Does this just orientate the brass and One Direction? Then how do you pick it up without bending over or getting on your knees. Inquiring minds want to know.:p

Maybe I just haven't had enough coffee this morning.:D

Unrelated maybe. Way back in 1964 I swept up Disneyland from the Adventure Land Gate to the shooting galley. It may have been Frontier Land also. Forget. Too long ago.

Anyhow, I was fully equipped with my name tag stating the languages I spoke, (English only) and a long handled dust pan that swiveled, a nice short broom and two grabbers.

One stick had the grabber teeth on the end and the hand squeezer handle on the other. The second stick had a barbed spike with a safety cover. Fully equipped to pick up stuff.

Amazing how small of stuff you could pick up. Mostly cigarette butts. Some small coins, US and foreign. Tiny bits of whatever. The asphalt got hot washed every night AM. Clean.

Most of Disneyland was underground. They were fully equipped, trained and spun up to deal with pretty much anything. Lots of kids worked at Disneyland CA. I picked up trash.

Reading your description of the workings of this contraption then looking at the pictures I still fail to see how this thing works.o_O
Does this just orientate the brass and One Direction? Then how do you pick it up without bending over or getting on your knees. Inquiring minds want to know.:p

Maybe I just haven't had enough coffee this morning.:D

Yesser, well.... I'll try to explain..

I tie the free-running end of the paracord lanyard to a belt loop and drag it around, and position it while I pick up brass with my 36" picker-upper tool.

The low profile allows me to get the brass into the Brass Dragger 150:D without lifting very far.

May not seem like a gem, but picking up 8-15 pounds of brass X twice a week...it really helps.

Rifle brass turns head stamps down, pistol brass marries (9 into .40, 40 into .45). It makes sorting much easier...I hound at my club; an outdoor range, and some basalt makes it's way into the basket.

I have a neighbor who buys everything new, so in his honor, I name my homemade stuff as if I paid big bucks for it....:s0140:

62752_zzz_500.jpg

Last Edited:
Yesser, well.... I'll try to explain..

I tie the free-running end of the paracord lanyard to a belt loop and drag it around, and position it while I pick up brass with my 36" picker-upper tool.

The low profile allows me to get the brass into the Brass Dragger 150:D without lifting very far.

May not seem like a gem, but picking up 8-15 pounds of brass X twice a week...it really helps.

Rifle brass turns head stamps down, pistol brass marries (9 into .40, 40 into .45). It makes sorting much easier...I hound at my club; an outdoor range, and some basalt makes it's way into the basket.

I have a neighbor who buys everything new, so in his honor, I name my homemade stuff as if I paid big bucks for it....:s0140:

View attachment 415303

I gotcha, I was just trying to figure out the secret Jedi mind trick to get that brass to jump in the there.:p
I stole one of mama's smaller laundry soap buckets that works just fine since I don't have the same volume as you do and not needing a 55 gallon drum to tow behind.
It stands to reason that the lower to the ground the bucket is good, instead of picking it up another two foot to get it in the bucket in my hand just might save me from tennis elbow.:eek::eek::eek::D

I kill three birds with one stone. I clean up more than my fail share, and gather brass. And receive good will from doing it yourself and teaching others how easy it is to clean up after themselves.

I shoot in rock quarries, and there are plenty of steel cases and shotgun shells around, as well as mine and others' brass.
I put a folding chair in a convenient spot and hang a heavy duty trash bag over the back.
The next step is to use my magnetic sweeper with wheels. Hold the loaded sweeper over the trashbag, yank up on the handle, and all the junk falls into the bag. Repeat as the motivation suits you. This picks up steel case ammo and most shotgun shells.
The next step is to take out my little telescoping collapsible rake and rake all the brass and mixed gravel into the front of the chair.
Grab a bucket. Sit in the chair and pick out the brass as you see fit. Life is good.

Enjoy life and all the good will for making the world cleaner than when you got there. My grown kids even start cleaning without me even having to say something, which makes me wonder why they don't do that any other time of their lives.

One reason I like to shoot the AK is because of steel cased (and cheap) ammo. I generally shoot over a tarp but this HF magnetic pick up tool really makes clean up easy.

IMG_20171229_100921.png

I kill three birds with one stone. I clean up more than my fail share, and gather brass. And receive good will from doing it yourself and teaching others how easy it is to clean up after themselves.

I shoot in rock quarries, and there are plenty of steel cases and shotgun shells around, as well as mine and others' brass.
I put a folding chair in a convenient spot and hang a heavy duty trash bag over the back.
The next step is to use my magnetic sweeper with wheels. Hold the loaded sweeper over the trashbag, yank up on the handle, and all the junk falls into the bag. Repeat as the motivation suits you. This picks up steel case ammo and most shotgun shells.
The next step is to take out my little telescoping collapsible rake and rake all the brass and mixed gravel into the front of the chair.
Grab a bucket. Sit in the chair and pick out the brass as you see fit. Life is good.

Enjoy life and all the good will for making the world cleaner than when you got there. My grown kids even start cleaning without me even having to say something, which makes me wonder why they don't do that any other time of their lives.
Great share on the big magnet with wheels! I found out this morning it was just as easy to get shotgun hulls up as the crappy steel cases no one bothers to pick up, I bet there was five pounds by the time we were done. I just have a mojo pick stick, will have to add the big wheeled guy to my arsenal soon.

20171230_190258499_iOS.jpg 20171230_190108436_iOS.jpg 20171230_190011655_iOS.jpg

This will do the job, no stooping or bending, use a toy broom if you are on a hard floor in place of the rake.
Cheap and easy to use, and if you have dogs to pick up after it can do double duty! :rolleyes:
https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petco...A1WNm5vf8Ve0ohg5drBoCmfIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Gabby

I read all the reviews & it seems these China pooper scoopers are poop. I guess one could modify the thing to stay together.
I'd like to get one like the fast food restaurants use, they swivel the opening vertical when picked up, like this...:D

Lobby Broom and Dust Pan Combo H-2761 - Uline

Or this, it's lighter...:p

All Dust Pans : Rubbermaid Standup Lobby Dustpan & Broom Set

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show