JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I prime and dispense powder on-press and in uninterrupted sequence using the automatic advancing cast iron Lee classic turret press and their newest Safety Prime dispenser.

My preference is to not be "distracted" on the press as far as priming on them.
While hand priming I can feel and inspect them, not so on the press. I do not like pull downs due to a sideways or not fully seated.
To each their own, we all have our preferences and comfort zones. ;)

For the record, I love my cast iron Lee classic turret press.

My preference is to not be "distracted" on the press as far as priming on them.
While hand priming I can feel and inspect them, not so on the press. I do not like pull downs due to a sideways or not fully seated.
This is where I'm at too. Possibly, if I got to shoot once/twice a week I might consider a progressive. But think I'd probably still like hand priming.

I had a conversation with a buddy of mine, he mentioned that I did receive some Lee reloading parts from a PIF on another board so it is very much a possibility that I may have mixed up some parts. :oops::oops::oops:
My memory is not the best as of late.

I have two of the old round tray Lee hand priming tools. One set up for small the other for large. Yep, I'm too lazy to spend the 4 seconds it takes to change the ram from one to the other.

The only issues ever was a slight burr on the edge of one of the seating stems. A few passes with a file and that's that. They have got to have been used over 100k times each.

The seating lever is pot metal, so don't try and seat primers in military brass with poorly removed crimps!

Of course, as mentioned they are now hard to find so this may be worthless rambling.

Call Lee, they will send you a new part. Ask for two so you have a spare they may accommodate you.

I have several times broken their "unbreakable" decapping rod in their universal tool. I asked for a spare each time and they sent it. That way, when I break it again I'm not out of service waiting on the part arrive.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top