JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a windows laptop just to use these windows only programs.
Very interesting so far. Still waiting for quickload software in the mail, been messing with GRT.
seems about right so far. My suspicions that data for 7.62x54r/rl15 is on the conservative side (hornady max load had zero pressure signs and simulation is less than 45,000psi), and rl15 might be a bit on slow end for a 20 inch barrel for 54r
No data available in manuals for 10x but, from simulations it looks like a better powder for 54r 150gr

Haven't used GRT but have extensive time with QL.

QL's predictions with bottle necked cartridges can be scary accurate (like within 11fps), and completely off base with straight walled (I built my own Pressure Trace device for 10mm).

I'd take everything QL states with a grain of salt, but combined with published data it can be useful.

Proceed with caution.

It's interesting to just mess with different combinations in the simulation, that one probably would not attempt in real life without blowing your face off. Or, getting some clarity on what one is seeing in real life. It doesn't factor in things like primers though, I know there is up to a 100fps difference between primers (murom lrp's are on the weak side, but I have a lot of them)
For engines I used to mess with software called desktop Dyno. I actually built two engines off of what it recommended and it worked pretty well.

Haven't used GRT but have extensive time with QL.

QL's predictions with bottle necked cartridges can be scary accurate (like within 11fps), and completely off base with straight walled (I built my own Pressure Trace device for 10mm).

I'd take everything QL states with a grain of salt, but combined with published data it can be useful.

Proceed with caution.
Okay now I'm interested. How did you build one?

Software still comes in the mail? Is it 1995 again?
quickload was probably from 1995. Something about trade restrictions or something. Gordon's reloading tool is newer but, the person who released it died in 2022 and it will no longer be updated? Those are the only reloading software I know of

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top