JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For those of us who are brass hounds and getting older we tend to utilize tools to retrieve said brass. I have been using the cheap plastic grippers like you find at the dollar store (really cheap, I have broken dozens, really cheap).
So I've been looking for a better mousetrap and came across this one.
Battenfeld Brass Retriever : Cabela's

Has anybody ever seen one in use or have you used them before?;)

Yes. But mine works with live ammo to. :s0140:

IMG_0366.JPG

Winner, winner. The Cabela's Site booked marked! Kinda late for Santa. Maybe a New Year's present to myself. Thank you. :)

Does it work specifically picking up fired 9 mm and .30 Carbine brass? Inquiring minds wonder?

Midway USA has the same thing at the same price.

For those of us who are brass hounds and getting older we tend to utilize tools to retrieve said brass. I have been using the cheap plastic grippers like you find at the dollar store (really cheap, I have broken dozens, really cheap).
So I've been looking for a better mousetrap and came across this one.
Battenfeld Brass Retriever : Cabela's

Has anybody ever seen one in use or have you used them before?;)
If using that in a gravel area you may not like it so much after sorting rocks out. It still beats hunching/bending over but maybe a better pincher tool would be better. Look up litter sticks, we used them a lot when I worked for the parks dept. They were a well built long lasting pincher stick.

They were kinda like this...https://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Trash-...3878824&sr=8-19&keywords=litter+pick+up+stick

If using that in a gravel area you may not like it so much after sorting rocks out. It still beats hunching/bending over but maybe a better pincher tool would be better. Look up litter sticks, we used them a lot when I worked for the parks dept. They were a well built long lasting pincher stick.

They were kinda like this...https://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Trash-...3878824&sr=8-19&keywords=litter+pick+up+stick

Yes those are really well-made I've used them before for other stuff but I'd have to manipulate the grippers to pick up brass. The one part of the gripper is got a 90 degree bend in it so I would straighten it a bit. It might just work really well.

Thanks for the link.;)

Yes those are really well-made I've used them before for other stuff but I'd have to manipulate the grippers to pick up brass. The one part of the gripper is got a 90 degree bend in it so I would straighten it a bit. It might just work really well.

Thanks for the link.;)
You can also make wood attachments to fit your needs and screw them on to the top finger. The ones we used had a replaceable wood top finger and could pick up bottles or cigarette butts. I haven't been able to find them but it was around 30yrs ago and probably not made anymore.

You can also make wood attachments to fit your needs and screw them on to the top finger. The ones we used had a replaceable wood top finger and could pick up bottles or cigarette butts. I haven't been able to find them but it was around 30yrs ago and probably not made anymore.

When there's a will there's a way. I have a Woodshop with a lot of wood so I can be creative at times.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top