JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This goes right to my long held view that city people will be fodder.....they rely on someone else for everything.....there money won't help them. At my ranch. We produce our own power, water, food, have a septic system, generators, can make heat with wood, keep several thousand gallons of fuel....in short.....we are self sufficient. It is a very comforting feeling............

This goes right to my long held view that city people will be fodder.....they rely on someone else for everything.....there money won't help them. At my ranch. We produce our own power, water, food, have a septic system, generators, can make heat with wood, keep several thousand gallons of fuel....in short.....we are self sufficient. It is a very comforting feeling............
We'll just come over for a visit should the need arise! BAHAHA

Serious question here. If crap touches parts of your arms or any other place... do you just wipe it off :eek::eek::eek: now think about that area down there... you want to be able to sanitize it right... modified weed sprayer filled with soapy water or similar will definitely be of use... this allows one to use less tp or even use wash clothes then launder the wash clothes... after all... ya wanna wash crap off right... would be less.. hassle to have to use up so much TP after a night of MREs :rolleyes:

Serious question here. If crap touches parts of your arms or any other place... do you just wipe it off :eek::eek::eek: now think about that area down there... you want to be able to sanitize it right... modified weed sprayer filled with soapy water or similar will definitely be of use... this allows one to use less tp or even use wash clothes then launder the wash clothes... after all... ya wanna wash crap off right... would be less.. hassle to have to use up so much TP after a night of MREs :rolleyes:

Does anyone know how to make a survival bucket bidet?

Yeah, us Americans are really gross actually, we just "wipe" it "off" but in reality we just smear it all over till the big chunks are gone.

Gross...

We have county water here, but I cut that off and go to the well with the closing/opening of a couple valves. Septic system with two tanks and drain field. Propane genset with 250gal tanks with small solar set up for power. Property also has a natural spring that could be capped and used. If we get to the point where it's needed, digging a hole with the backhoe and building a decent two holer wouldn't take much. A bag of lime with a small garden shovel inside the outhouse will take care of most of the smell. Properly venting it will do the rest.

A disgusting thought, but a reality.

One interesting tidbit from this article. Does your home rely on a sewer-lift station? What might happen if the power is out for a while?

Life Without Toilets: Deadly, Disgusting Problems, and Expert Solutions
Assuming I had a permanent dwelling, I would still use the tried and true commode as we know it.
Nice thing about them, they don't require an external power source to work.
It's all physics.
The only thing you need is some kind of tank that will feed the tank in the toilet.
That could be as easy as a 55 gallon barrel with an open top that sits higher than the toilet tank and a feed line that goes from the barrel to the tank (just use the normal feed line for the toilet).
The line feeding the toilet would have a ball or a gate valve in it that would keep the tank from overflowing and make refilling it easier.
The 55 gallon barrel would be outside and be filled by rain water and any other source that you could find (a water wheel pump could supply water from a near-by river/creek).
Eventually, one will need to dig out the septic tank, but since this exists in a SHTF world, all "building codes" go out the window, so the toilet could just dump out to some spot down wind of the house.

Dean

Shovel, dig, when full, cover with a good thick layer of dirt, repeat process as needed. Don't worry about the toilet, think about toilet paper. For all you end of the world preppers, even if you have an awesome outhouse, no more toilet paper presents a really crappy problem (pun intended)

They have a bucket of these on the front counter in Sportsmans, and I bought a few for my get home bag...
my mind was just wondering as it often does through different scenarios, and it went to the last time I had an emergency need for TP... Luckely sombody had left a big stack of napkins in the glovebox of the work truck, cause it was one of those "Right Now" in the first patch if trees I could find to pull over at situations...After a long day of riggin' scaffolding in Seaside, OR...and we were a few miles outside of Warrenton, on our way back to the yard in longview. not that far from a real bathroom, but still... to far:s0001:!! It took every one of that big stack of napkins too... Boy did the crew have a laugh at my expense for that one. I was thinking, what if all I had was a couple of these and no water to expand them in the same situation? what would I do? would I pee on em? I sure wouldn't have had the young apprentice lady riding shotgun bring me some water:s0107:
SHTF situations come in all shapes and sizes.

"A Bridge Too Fart!"

:D

Does anyone know how to make a survival bucket bidet?

Yeah, us Americans are really gross actually, we just "wipe" it "off" but in reality we just smear it all over till the big chunks are gone.

Gross...
Actually had some friends from Tunisia. They always kept three plastic bottles on the back of the toilet tank. When I asked what the deal was, they where their wash bottles.
Changed their life when I showed them my Brondell Swash seats lol.
I'd go old school like them and use sport bottle with grey water to do a wash.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top