JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good article , thanks for sharing.
One thing a lot folks do when peeing or pooping outside when say camping or hunting etc ...Is pee or poop against a tree or big rock.
That is all well and good , unless you need to use said tree or rock for concealment or cover...

Think about where you need to "go" and be "tactical" about where you pee and poop...:eek::D
Andy

Good article , thanks for sharing.
One thing a lot folks do when peeing or pooping outside when say camping or hunting etc ...Is pee or poop against a tree or big rock.
That is all well and good , unless you need to use said tree or rock for concealment or cover...

Think about where you need to "go" and be "tactical" about where you pee and poop...:eek::D
Andy
Pick a spot for your latrine that may be right where the first trespassers step. :cool:

I grew up long ago in a very rural area where everyone had an outhouse. Imagine my young self's surprise to see a flushing toilet! Thanks for the reminder of a life necessity reality check during shtf scenario. The old series of the Foxfire Books covers this issue well. Just remember to keep a stick just inside the privvy door for knocking off creepy crawlers before you "sit down" especially at night. Ah, the memories <shiver> LOL

It looks like this. From the last man on Earth show. the-last-man-on-earth-filming-locations-toilet-pool.jpg

Having been to some exotic foreign lands , interacting with interesting people and seeing some , Ahh , shall we say less than US standards in hygiene ... It does indeed stink and get messy quick if you do not have a place to "go" and a working system in place to clean up afterwards.
Andy

I know where the city mayor and my state rep live..... their yards will do for doo-doo.

:D

I remember when I was in Central America WAAAAAaaaay back when. It always smelled like burning sheite everywhere you went, because you'd essentially crap in 55-gallon steel drum that was cut in half and under the outhouse seat and every other day or so they'd pull it out, mix diesel in with it using a steel fence post and burn the crap until it was ash....

The natives saw it and they started doing the same thing (more or less).... almost EVERYWHERE you went... there was the smell of burning diesel mixed with sheite.

:eek:

Last Edited:
I lived for ten years in a duplex that had a pump, and if you went outside around to where there was a door through the foundation to get to the pump, in the summer you could smell it, and that was with the power on. Fortunately there was no window on that side of the duplex.

My house has a septic system and a well. Naturally the well is uphill from the septic system and over 100 yards away. If power goes out I could fill the toilets with water from a creek about 1000 feet away, but preferably I would run a genset to power the well pump. So I do not depend on nor have access to city water or sewer.

Satire. Expert Subjective? Dunno. ... :)

One might assume that the background studies into a potential used home and location would include what would happen if the power went off for a couple of weeks. Nobody thinks about what may happen to the toilet. They should. We think about that and lots of other "what if" things. That is one reason out of many many that we are smarter than the average bear. Completely smart. :)

No. Wait. "Honey; is that tree going to fall on us in the night in our sleep and squish us flat?" "No dear". Crash, bang, squish. AUGHHHH! Oh boy that hurt! No matter how much one prepares sometimes ... sometimes ... shiet happens. Our sewer stuff if fine. Researched. Proven. We also have HD 6 gallon plastic buckets, lids, multiple 13 gal HD trash bags and lots of cat litter.

Also the very necessary cheapo toilet lid bought cheap. Also a good round nose shovel. Gloves. Hand sanitizer.

And remember ... never start a new paragraph with a conjunction. No. Wait. What I mean is that no matter how well one prepps, shiet happens. Including sit down jobs. A situation that is not completed until the paper work is done. This includes body shaving in certain areas. Basic hygiene. One of my jobs some places as an RN was simple shiet like "you know what" and hand washing.

Also teaching locals. Amazing what they did not know or care about.

Oh boy. Respectfully. :)

Satire. Expert Subjective? Dunno. ... :)

One might assume that the background studies into a potential used home and location would include what would happen if the power went off for a couple of weeks. Nobody thinks about what may happen to the toilet. They should. We think about that and lots of other "what if" things. That is one reason out of many many that we are smarter than the average bear. Completely smart. :)

No. Wait. "Honey; is that tree going to fall on us in the night in our sleep and squish us flat?" "No dear". Crash, bang, squish. AUGHHHH! Oh boy that hurt! No matter how much one prepares sometimes ... sometimes ... shiet happens. Our sewer stuff if fine. Researched. Proven. We also have HD 6 gallon plastic buckets, lids, multiple 13 gal HD trash bags and lots of cat litter.

Also the very necessary cheapo toilet lid bought cheap. Also a good round nose shovel. Gloves. Hand sanitizer.

And remember ... never start a new paragraph with a conjunction. No. Wait. What I mean is that no matter how well one prepps, shiet happens. Including sit down jobs. A situation that is not completed until the paper work is done. This includes body shaving in certain areas. Basic hygiene. One of my jobs some places as an RN was simple shiet like "you know what" and hand washing.

Also teaching locals. Amazing what they did not know or care about.

Oh boy. Respectfully. :)

Thanks for inducing a hangover.... pal. :s0039:

:D

Use a fan.

After all - it is SHTF - right?

Alright - poor pun/joke. :rolleyes:

I remember when I lived on the farm - neighbors had a dairy. They would literally fling the s*** across their fields with a manure spreader. Boy that stunk! :eek:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews