JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Funny you should mention it. @deadeye had pointed me to a link in the classifieds for an old Lortone tumbler. 2x6lb barrels. I went to check it out and it - I don't think it's ever been used. The rubber inside and outside the drums look brand new, seals up as tight as I would expect a new one would - and it's about 30 years old - there was an old postage mark on the box from December 1974 - I think maybe it was purchased as a gift, then just set aside. Other than a little rust on the base from being stored in the box, it looks and works great. All for $50. I did some price checking on these and they are definitely worth well over $100-$150. I hadn't planned on buying it, but I just couldn't pass on that deal.

So, it looks like I'll be taking up wet tumbling (or rock polishing ;)). But since I don't have SS media yet, I may have to look into those chips. Any lead on where to get them?

You got that old rock polisher?! Way cool if so. I'd seen that and looked for it to post to this thread. When I found it I saw it had been sold. That baby ought to do you well, as long as you live!

You got that old rock polisher?! Way cool if so. I'd seen that and looked for it to post to this thread. When I found it I saw it had been sold. That baby ought to do you well, as long as you live!

Yep. I'd say it looks completely unused too. It came with two separate 6lb barrels, but I contacted the manufacturer and they make a single 12lb barrel that will work with it. I think that might be a bit of a time saver. I'm looking forward to giving it a go! Wasn't a planned purchase, but was one of those things I thought I'd regret if I passed on it.

I bought a Harbor Freight rock tumbler on sale for $29. I wet wash new 'Range brass' if it, or any of my reloaded cases are really dirty ... my reloads might get that way every 3, or 4 reloads. Again either 'Range Brass', or my reload brass if it has any dents, cracks, chips, ... it gets tossed. I use a Lee Classic Turret with Carbide dies and also have two Lee Hand Press and hand primer. The 1st Hand Press I use the Carbide Speed die and the 2nd has the FCD, Both work for me and I like that you are doing the Hand Press single stage route to get started. Wise choice I'm thinking. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

I bought a Harbor Freight rock tumbler on sale for $29. I wet wash new 'Range brass' if it, or any of my reloaded cases are really dirty ... my reloads might get that way every 3, or 4 reloads. Again either 'Range Brass', or my reload brass if it has any dents, cracks, chips, ... it gets tossed. I use a Lee Classic Turret with Carbide dies and also have two Lee Hand Press and hand primer. The 1st Hand Press I use the Carbide Speed die and the 2nd has the FCD, Both work for me and I like that you are doing the Hand Press single stage route to get started. Wise choice I'm thinking. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks for weighing in. I'm hoping to run my first batch of 9mm in about two weeks. I'll post an update once I've done that.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top