JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have serious doubts as to any private security company having well-trained dogs that are effective in alerting on humans carry firearms. These companies pay their employees crap wages, even management. It costs many, many thousands of dollars -- and a year -- to train a dog to detect explosives and/or drugs.
That's why I would be highly skeptical it's for real. There is the possibility it's a retired dog someone is just volunteering the resource, but a trained detection dog is gonna run something like $15k up front and a dog and trained handler... a good $200k/yr. Hiring someone to do a one time sweep of a small area will run you $500-$1k.

I kinda highly doubt a run down mall struggling to survive is going to shell out that kinda money. More like the signs and threat of it is as far as it goes... and as we all know... concealed is concealed, and worst case, all they can do is ask you to leave.

I did kinda like the getting a group together to go walk around with spent casings in their pockets, though. If it's a real detection dog it would throw the woketards into an absolute frenzy! See how long it takes them get LE to respond to a "mass-attacker terrorist threat".... just for gits and shiggles. 🤣

I may be wrong. But I'm pretty sure an officer would need a warrant to search your person. A "hit" from a dog is reasonable suspicion and not probable cause.

Sounds like a legal nightmare.

It has been a very long while since I've been there. If that is there policy, no chance of going back. (Not fan of shopping malls in general. But firearm sniffing dogs? Yah, no.)

LOL.....A "Police Dog" is recognized as also being a cop (by the courts).

But then.......Rrrrright......(to some people) ALL COPS are racist, Nazi, pigs, violators of human rights, etc....etc..... So anyway......harming the police dog would equate to harming a police officer. That all being said.......

I wouldn't.

Aloha, Mark

PS........not saying RIGHT or WRONG here. But take a look at the "problems" with the senario.

In regards to the guy who tried shooting the police dog in video. F him , I hope he took one in the liver and didn't check out for a while.

Couple of businesses around me have prominent gun free signs, always chuckle when I walked in. Took a pic once, thought to post it with a snarky remark, thought better of it.

But examinations for a cw didn't cross my mind. Wonder what the protocol is if the pooch signals a hit. What will the security guy say and do?

bubblegum those people.
When the dog alerts on a firearm it takes a big ole deuce on the floor lol

300px-Bank-Security-Guard-Sleeping-Cropped.jpeg.jpg

No need for self protection in the modern world.
Round the clock security staff are ready for anything.

The pioneers were all white supremacists. Now it's "Progressive Place" I estimate 30 days until the first pup takes one for the progressive team.
Ah, but the perp will get 20 years for animal cruelty.

Oregon really went to shart in the last two years, hasn't it? Removal of preemption, enforceable no-guns signs, now you're staring down the barrel of 114.

I hope to God y'all get Drazan as governor, 114 burns in flames, and ol' Pastor Mark there in Portland finds himself on the business end of a multifaceted audit of his personal and 'professional' finances.

I wouldn't step foot in any business in Portland city limits without being armed.

Oregon really went to shart in the last two years, hasn't it? Removal of preemption, enforceable no-guns signs, now you're staring down the barrel of 114.

I hope to God y'all get Drazan as governor, 114 burns in flames, and ol' Pastor Mark there in Portland finds himself on the business end of a multifaceted audit of his personal and 'professional' finances.

I wouldn't step foot in any business in Portland city limits without being armed.
We still have Statewide preemption. No-guns signs are only enforceable for schools and courthouses. People have been asked to leave stores such as IKEA for open carrying, but nobody is patting down concealed carriers. My wife went out dancing with her friends in downtown Portland last year at a place that was wanding. The security guard about **** himself when the wand screamed as he scanned at her ankles. She just smiled, said "must be the buckles on my boots" and kept going in. Buckles.
1667278894583.png
Since you do not live in a state that is adjacent to Oregon, you cannot get an Oregon Concealed Handgun License. In Portland, Multnomah County prohibits loaded open carry without an Oregon CHL, so I guess you won't be visiting Portland any time soon.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top