JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm sure most people on this forum don't visit downtown Portland after BLM, Antifa, and the army of bums has destroyed it, but if you ever head to Pioneer Place for shopping or movies at the large Regal theater there, you might want to start considering a boycott.

My son and I enjoy going to Pioneer Place because he's five and loves to ride the elevators and escalators. I snapped this picture below at one of the entrances yesterday.

The mall is now using gun-sniffing dogs on patrons inside the mall. We saw one of them-- a black lab00 about ten minutes after seeing this sign.

Set aside for a moment whether the dogs can do what their handlers claim, this is a violation of the privacy of all CHL holders, and of the safety for all mall patrons. It's also offensive that they are using man's best friend to rat out and snitch on lawful gun owners.

For the time being, my son and I will continue to ride the escalators and elevators at Pioneer Place, but I won't give any stores or vendors any money, and I'll make sure to carry a rag with some Hoppes, CLP, and gunshot residue (GSR) in my pocket. ;)

View attachment 1302085
Remember, they're doing it for the children…

We stopped going to PDX when the craziness started. I used to frequent the food carts and other things. Decided to spend my money elsewhere and that really opened Oregon and more parts of Washington up.

Also, we got to see more pleasant, hard working people trying to run a small business and happy to serve you. No snarky attitudes (well, a lot less), and a lot of creativity. Show your son some small towns within a short distance. Be aware he might ask, remind me, why do we live here?

Why not take him fishing for fun or shooting or hiking? Why downtown Portland?
Your right. If you want to experience the shooting part, farther East is where you need to be. Generally between 11:30pm-3:00am is when you get the best chance to hear it.

Or..... you could flood the place CCW holders, and after they realize they're kicking out 20-30 paying customers a day they might change their minds.

On the other hand, getting that many gun owners to participate in an organized action ain't ever gonna happen, so...

Under Oregon law you have no expectation of privacy while in a public place. If you don't like the rules a private business has imposed you are more than free to not go there. As for myself the only place I go to in Portland is Saylers Old Country Kitchen.

Back in the 1980's, a big time Florida cocaine importer had a brilliant idea that would make drug sniffing canines obsolete.
He told the South American cartel bosses to use some of their product to infuse traces of cocaine on all the drug money they were receiving.
As the cash made it's way back to the US, everyone would be handling tainted cash. They didn't take him up on it.
I don't recall the specifics but back in the 80's, drug / money seizures would be based on dog "hits" on cash with drug residue. Believe there was a case (see below quote to see it has not changed) that showed most $20's had drug residue. Hey, that could be an excuse for a positive drug test...I touched some cash!
We recently tested a couple hundred $20s from multiple sources (banks) in our forensic lab. 80% had cocaine traces on them.

I'm sure most people on this forum don't visit downtown Portland after BLM, Antifa, and the army of bums has destroyed it, but if you ever head to Pioneer Place for shopping or movies at the large Regal theater there, you might want to start considering a boycott.

My son and I enjoy going to Pioneer Place because he's five and loves to ride the elevators and escalators. I snapped this picture below at one of the entrances yesterday.

The mall is now using gun-sniffing dogs on patrons inside the mall. We saw one of them-- a black lab00 about ten minutes after seeing this sign.

Set aside for a moment whether the dogs can do what their handlers claim, this is a violation of the privacy of all CHL holders, and of the safety for all mall patrons. It's also offensive that they are using man's best friend to rat out and snitch on lawful gun owners.

For the time being, my son and I will continue to ride the escalators and elevators at Pioneer Place, but I won't give any stores or vendors any money, and I'll make sure to carry a rag with some Hoppes, CLP, and gunshot residue (GSR) in my pocket. ;)

View attachment 1302085
Put the hops soaked rag down the front of your pants, then watch 'em sniff that! ;)

Considering how the "woke" mind works.... 10 will get you 20 the pup can't tell the difference between a horseshoe and a hand grenade. It's just for show to keep the sheeple in compliance.

They have zero interest in crime prevention.

It's possible... but why spend the money if a lie will work? ;)

Last Edited:
What's the worst that could happen if you, as a licensed concealed-carrier, admitted to having your handgun on you? In Washington, they'd simply tell you to leave and if you returned, trespass you.

I have serious doubts as to any private security company having well-trained dogs that are effective in alerting on humans carry firearms. These companies pay their employees crap wages, even management. It costs many, many thousands of dollars -- and a year -- to train a dog to detect explosives and/or drugs.

Security company for a mall? It'd almost be worth being permanent trespassed from one just to see.

Remember that security guards are only empowered to demand you to leave the property (anything else is a lie) Generally less inteligent than the dog, they can not charge a person with a criminal offense. They can not detain you longer than it reasonably takes real LE to respond. They can not touch you except in self defense.
Thy can not force you to comply with a physical search.
Exactly. It'd almost be fun to confront some unarmed mall security guard over his little doggy "alerting" on you. "Please, please call the police. Do you need a phone? Here, use mine."

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top