JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I believe they cited 1240, and my beef is less the non-sale than the jerking me around for three months AFTER 1240 was already in effect and they had already sold me the other half the parts to complete a frame, again AFTER 1240 taking effect.

Had they been straight up at the time I ordered there'd be no salt, I'd just quietly take my business to another vendor.

Last Edited:
I simply don't like optics planet because they say they have items in stock and after purchasing you'll get an email saying they are on back order. That's why I avoid them.

I simply don't like optics planet because they say they have items in stock and after purchasing you'll get an email saying they are on back order. That's why I avoid them.
That was the injury that set the foundation, this was the insult that crossed the line. Last year they jersey md around on a jacket that after 3 months I found a better deal on Amazon, so...

I've already reached out to several other vendors and am awaiting replies to see who wants my business.

The further left a state dives the more hands off gun companies are going to be. Whether it's parts, mags, ammo, etc.

Even if it's legal for them to sell they aren't going to simply due to the vague, convoluted, and always changing legislation.

I don't blame them. They have a company to run and employees to look out for. They will be just fine without Washington, Oregon and California.
You forgot: New York, New Jersey, Virginia, Vermont, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Maryland, Illinois, Hawaii, District of Columbia, Connecticut, and Colorado already added to Washington and California. With at least four more states to follow very soon.

Suddenly their Capitalist business model doesn't look so good considering three of these states population are equal to 25 of the non restrictive states. I don't think that the 300 orders they receive every year from a state like Iowa will come close to making up for the 300 orders they used to receive from California every day. All because they don't want to ship a magazine spring or hammer spring.

I hate to say it, but Gun Business' have a bad habit of cutting of their noses in order to spite their faces!

You forgot: New York, New Jersey, Virginia, Vermont, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Maryland, Illinois, Hawaii, District of Columbia, Connecticut, and Colorado already added to Washington and California. With at least four more states to follow very soon.

Suddenly their Capitalist business model doesn't look so good considering three of these states population are equal to 25 of the non restrictive states. I don't think that the 300 orders they receive every year from a state like Iowa will come close to making up for the 300 orders they used to receive from California every day. All because they don't want to ship a magazine spring or hammer spring.

I hate to say it, but Gun Business' have a bad habit of cutting of their noses in order to spite their faces!
Not my company. Not my problem.

Thanks for listing every state though. Lol.

I had that happen to me and Ive never done business with them since. Its misleading to show something on backorder as in stock.

Your right, it's not your company and not your problem so why weigh in on the OP's post in the first place? And why respond to my post which was just filling in the rest of the states that they don't ship too?

Your right, it's not your company and not your problem so why weigh in on the OP's post in the first place? And why respond to my post which was just filling in the rest of the states that they don't ship too?
Same reason you're here.

Don't want a response. Hit the ignore button.

I had that happen to me and Ive never done business with them since. Its misleading to show something on backorder as in stock.
If you read the fine print and click the little thingy-bob it will tell if it's actually in stock or not, but I agree it's entirely misleading to show a "will ship" date... implying it's in-stock... when it's no where near and more than likely subject to further delays. Not uncommonly turning into months or even "no longer available/discontinued" cancellation later down the road.

I don't often shop with them. It just too much of a hassle and risk just to save a buck, but on occasion I have. Learned my lesson years ago and don't buy anything I don't ensure is physically in stock. Some bigger tickets items and their discount codes 10-15% off can amount to a pretty good chunk of change savings.

I will say they are pretty good about getting a person on the phone without too much delay. I've called in to confirm stock status before ordering, but that's certainly not worth your time just for something like a spring or what-not small doohickey.

If you read the fine print and click the little thingy-bob it will tell if it's actually in stock or not, but I agree it's entirely misleading to show a "will ship" date... implying it's in-stock... when it's no where near and more than likely subject to further delays. Not uncommonly turning into months or even "no longer available/discontinued" cancellation later down the road.

I don't often shop with them. It just too much of a hassle and risk just to save a buck, but on occasion I have. Learned my lesson years ago and don't buy anything I don't ensure is physically in stock. Some bigger tickets items and their discount codes 10-15% off can amount to a pretty good chunk of change savings.
Its misleading. dishonest. Being intentionally unclear is lying to me.
When it happened to me I went back and read the fine print. Ok... so I waited but turned out to be one of those subject to further delays.

I found it somewhere else and bought it, got it in a week. Cancelled my Optics Planet order.

When it happened to me I went back and read the fine print. Ok... so I waited but turned out to be one of those subject to further delays.

I found it somewhere else and bought it, got it in a week. Cancelled my Optics Planet order.
That's why I don't buy from them. Luckily it's easy to cancel your order and get the funds back with them. At least it was for me.

I agree. Lying in varying degrees in one aspect or another is so common among retailers these days though, it's kind of par for the course, IMHO.

That's what I found early on with OP. If it's not in stock... not a one of the few orders where I "let it ride" ever ended well. Not a single one. I don't boycott them, but it's a rare day I'll do business with them.

Life is simply to short and a person shouldn't have to jump through hoops to hand over their hard earned money.

This is why some businesses are choosing not to sell to WA residents. It has little to do with the AWB. This is basically a hunting license for the Attorney General to go after ANY company selling firearms, firearm parts, ammunition, or accessories based on marketing, advertising, and anything else they don't like.

Relevant sections include:
(9) A firearm industry member's conduct in violation of any provision of this section constitutes a proximate cause of the public nuisance if the harm is a reasonably foreseeable effect of the conduct, notwithstanding any intervening actions, including but not limited to criminal actions by third parties. This subsection is not intended to establish a causation requirement for a claim brought by the attorney general pursuant to the consumer protection act, chapter 19.86 RCW.
(10) Whenever it appears to the attorney general that a firearm industry member has engaged in or is engaging in conduct in violation of this section, the attorney general may commence an action to seek and obtain any remedies available for violations of this chapter, and may also seek and obtain punitive damages up to an amount not to exceed three times the actual damages sustained by the state, reasonable attorneys' fees, and costs of the action.
(13) To prevail in an action under this section, the party seeking relief is not required to demonstrate that the firearm industry member acted with the purpose to engage in a public nuisance or otherwise cause harm to the public.
Oh, and how can we forget...

(1) The legislature finds that the irresponsible, dangerous, and unlawful business practices by firearms industry members contributes to the illegal use of firearms and not only constitutes a public nuisance as declared in chapter 7.48 RCW, but that the effects of that nuisance exacerbate the public health crisis of gun violence in this state. The Washington state medical association, the Washington health alliance, and the voters of Washington, most recently through approval of Initiative 1639 in 2016, have all noted that crisis.
(2) The legislature further finds that public nuisance was established in state law by Washington's territorial legislature in 1875 and has been interpreted by the state supreme court for more than 100 years to enjoin the operation of illegal businesses as nuisance by individuals suffering special injury. Since at least 1895, public nuisance has included manufacturing and storing gunpowder and other highly explosive substances.
(3) Firearm industry members profit from the sale, manufacture, distribution, importing, and marketing of lethal products that are frequently used to threaten, injure, and kill people in Washington, and which cause enormous harms to individuals' and communities' health, safety, and well-being, as well as economic opportunity and vitality. While manufacturers have incorporated features and technology resulting in more deadly and destructive firearms, and products designed to be used with and for firearms, some actors in the firearm industry have implemented irresponsible and dangerous sales, distribution, importing, and marketing practices, including contributing to the development of an illegal secondary market for these increasingly dangerous products. Such practices lead to grave public harms and also provide an unfair business advantage to irresponsible firearm industry members over more responsible competitors who take reasonable precautions to protect others' lives and well-being.
(4) The federal protection of lawful commerce in arms act (PLCAA) recognizes the ability of states to enact and enforce statutes regulating the sale and marketing of firearms and related products, and expressly provides that causes of action may proceed where there are violations of such statutes.
(5) The legislature intends to ensure a level playing field for responsible firearm industry members, to incentivize firearm industry members to establish and implement safe and responsible business practices, and to ensure that the attorney general and members of the public in Washington who are harmed by a firearm industry member's violation of law may bring legal action to seek appropriate justice and fair remedies for those harms in court." [ 2023 c 163 § 1.]

Last Edited:
WA has written firearm laws that favor the litigious, I am not an Optic Planets Guy, but you can't really blame them. We have criminals running this state.

Yes, California, Washington and Oregon policies bite the big one. I want out of this friggin state.

That said... Personally, I have never been a big fan of Optics Planet either. Too many problems with orders, backorders and refunds, for me to go down that road again. So, I can't really boycott anyone I've already ceased doing business with.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top