JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm thinking about putting in a Form 1 on my trust for a suppressor now (before the proposed regulations take effect), to be physically built at some point in the future. Is there a time limit on how long you have to build the item described on a Form 1?

I'm thinking about putting in a Form 1 on my trust for a suppressor now (before the proposed regulations take effect), to be physically built at some point in the future. Is there a time limit on how long you have to build the item described on a Form 1?

I believe that you have to have all the specs and the SERIAL # before you submit the Form 1.

Right, but how long do I have to actually physically make it? I can submit a form 1 that lists a random s/n I made up and a certain length and then take forever to make it I suppose?

I think that you have to be a FFL SOT and have a Manufacturing license to actually make one... I see it as sending in a Form 1 to "make" a SBR where you already have the lower, serial #, and specs (from other known builds) to reference on your Form 1.

Here is a youtube, I assume no legal responsibility and am not a lawyer:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you can actually make one as a private individual if you have a stamped form 1, I'm just curious if I have to make it within a certain period of time after the stamp is issued.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top