JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm thinking about putting in a Form 1 on my trust for a suppressor now (before the proposed regulations take effect), to be physically built at some point in the future. Is there a time limit on how long you have to build the item described on a Form 1?

I'm thinking about putting in a Form 1 on my trust for a suppressor now (before the proposed regulations take effect), to be physically built at some point in the future. Is there a time limit on how long you have to build the item described on a Form 1?

I believe that you have to have all the specs and the SERIAL # before you submit the Form 1.

Right, but how long do I have to actually physically make it? I can submit a form 1 that lists a random s/n I made up and a certain length and then take forever to make it I suppose?

I think that you have to be a FFL SOT and have a Manufacturing license to actually make one... I see it as sending in a Form 1 to "make" a SBR where you already have the lower, serial #, and specs (from other known builds) to reference on your Form 1.

Here is a youtube, I assume no legal responsibility and am not a lawyer:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you can actually make one as a private individual if you have a stamped form 1, I'm just curious if I have to make it within a certain period of time after the stamp is issued.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top