JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Originally Posted by NorthernBornRebel View Post
If I take a side by side shotgun, cut the stock off into a pistol grip and cut the barrels down to 8", does that make me gay?

Most certainly.

worked well for Mad Max through several movies. :s0155:

Originally Posted by NorthernBornRebel View Post
If I take a side by side shotgun, cut the stock off into a pistol grip and cut the barrels down to 8", does that make me gay?

Most certainly.

worked well for Mad Max through several movies. :s0155:

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

It makes it a sawed off shotgun and gives you a trip to jail on state charges or a dance with the FEDS.. either way you lose !

What class is "sawed off shotgun" I have not seen that on the ATF website? I have seen SBS (Short Barreled Shotgun) which is 100% legal if you read my post on the first page. It just takes a little paperwork and paying the tax.

Please tell me WHAT law is being broken that would give you a trip to jail or "dance" with Feds.

"Sawed off shotguns" are 100% legal with no paperwork as they are just Title 1 guns.

Now if that shotgun is cut down under 26" OAL or 18" barrel(s) then it would be Title 2 SBS.

Thanks for the correction, it was my assumption the poster was talking about a shotgun sawed down to 8" as was being talked about... :)

Thanks for the correction, it was my assumption the poster was talking about a shotgun sawed down to 8" as was being talked about... :)

I agree but you see posts all the time of people with damaged shotgun barrels that are say 28" long and are afraid to cut them back to say 24" because if will magically become a "sawed off shotgun" which "everyone KNOWs is illegal"...... Just as the poster above you stated even with the NFA rules/classes in this post.

:s0155:

This really is not confusing. An AOW (think pistol with a forward vertical grip) is a $5 tax stamp, but you still have a to wait a few months. Silencers are what require a $200 stamp. I have both a Serbu and Silencers;)

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews