JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have recently added a brace to my B&T ACP45Pro. As far as I can tell, this configuration is in the grey area for requiring a Tax Stamp.

In your opinion should I just go ahead and apply for the Tax Stamp now or wait for the ATF definition change of SBR?

My thought is to go ahead now but maybe I should let sleeping dogs lie.

I don't really have any problems with paying the Tax Stamp, nor do I have an issue with registering my gun.

I just don't know if I should open this can or leave it until the AFT changes the rules.

What's your opinion.

Bill

Last Edited:
Do it if you want to but it adds complications if you ever want to sell it. I won't send atf $200 (plus the hassle of fingerprints and paperwork) unless I have to, especially since we don't know what the final rules for braces will be yet.

Hey, how do you like that gun? I have no idea how I've never heard of B&T with my affinity towards expensive guns. I'm considering the APC9.

An extra $200 for a B&T seems like a non problem.

Once SBRd you can run a proper B&T stock.

Do it if you want to but it adds complications if you ever want to sell it. I won't send atf $200 (plus the hassle of fingerprints and paperwork) unless I have to, especially since we don't know what the final rules for braces will be yet.
Yes, we do... we can all see the writing on the wall and what the ultimate goal of this govt is; regardless of what party is in power. They (elites) do not want a population with guns period. They use tragedies to secure popular support for more gun laws and turn the American public against everyone that is pro-gun, and this is not going to ever stop until we are dead or they forcibly steal our firearms from us.

Hey, how do you like that gun? I have no idea how I've never heard of B&T with my affinity towards expensive guns. I'm considering the APC9.
Great platform. Also check out the GHM9 by B&T. Have examples of both and they are one of my favorites with frequent hall passes out of the safe. Currently waiting on an SD kit for the GHM9. If I had it to do over again, I would have just purchased SD versions of both the GHM9 and APC9. The TP9 is neat but having handled them I have a problem spending that kind of money for one as they just don't exude the same Swiss quality their other platforms do. I will be adding an APC45 Pro with glock mag lower to the stable in the near future. The hype is real.

As to the OP, the stocks that come available once SBR'd make it worthwhile in my opinion.

Yes, we do... we can all see the writing on the wall and what the ultimate goal of this govt is; regardless of what party is in power. They (elites) do not want a population with guns period. They use tragedies to secure popular support for more gun laws and turn the American public against everyone that is pro-gun, and this is not going to ever stop until we are dead or they forcibly steal our firearms from us.
Or they wind up dead while trying first…..

Short story is that I haven't shot it yet.

Long story -

It's taken awhile to actually get the gun and source the brace. Then my great governor signed a law saying I can't buy any more magazines with greater than 10 round capacity. So I ended up buying a few B&T magazines.

Finally got the brace and put it on (which was amazingly simple) and got sidetracked with other family stuff.

Now I'm trying to figure out the whole SBR thing and how to best proceed on that.

I went with the APC45Pro mainly for a few of reasons:

1. I already have hundreds of 45ACP ammo and to be honest I like the round.

2. A good friend turned me onto the CZ Scorpion and I really liked the format of a folding brace. I'm left eyed and right handed so this pistol should work well for me.

3. Doing some research I found the B&T APC45Pro. I simply could not find 1 bad review of this pistol. The only issue was it was expensive. I really appreciate good engineering and quality craftsmanship. I went with the B&T magazine because Glock mags are not important to me. Now I just need to stock up on B&T magazines as my allowance and time allows.

Right now I'm doing research to decide if our existing revocable living trust will satisfy the ATF when applying for the tax stamp.

Bill

Last Edited:
Yes, SBR the critter, but right now you need to spend every dollar you have on mags. FYI: B&T date codes their polymer mags, not sure about the metal ones.

There is a store here in Oregon that has some in stock. PM if you are willing to drive down this way.

Yes, SBR the critter, but right now you need to spend every dollar you have on mags. FYI: B&T date codes their polymer mags, not sure about the metal ones.

There is a store here in Oregon that has some in stock. PM if you are willing to drive down this way.
Plus 1 on the above statement. Magazine acquisition is more important than getting a tax stamp, at least till July 1st

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top