JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was recently at a gun shop that I will not name(just in case). I was surprised to see they were still selling threaded rimfire handguns. I thought these were banned with 1240? The owner of the store said they're still perfectly legal to sell.

Thoughts?

If they were semi auto handguns with detachable magazines, then yes they would be restricted by 1240 due to the threaded barrel. Some people overlook that the rimfire exemption only applies to some of the sections, most rifle feature bans. Handguns do not get the benefit of the rimfire exemption. If they know that and are planning to defend any charges on Bruen arguments, then I hope they win.

I was recently at a gun shop that I will not name(just in case). I was surprised to see they were still selling threaded rimfire handguns. I thought these were banned with 1240? The owner of the store said they're still perfectly legal to sell.

Thoughts?
Are they semi auto? If so:

73F2C525-6295-4C1C-8014-7146C9CCB0A6.jpeg

Would be happy to see any exceptions for rimfire semi auto pistols if someone could find one. I just skimmed the law again and don't see any.

I just checked my favorite place to buy from, Davidsons, they will not sell the threaded versions of the .22 pistols in WA state. So they have decided they don't want to try it.
That law is a vague, f'ed up, unconstitutional piece of bubblegum. But having said that, the only way to read it (imo) is that new threaded barrel semi auto pistols are illegal at the moment (including 22s). I don't see any ambiguity as far as the language.

But having said that (ha ha), I sure hope this dealer sells the crap out of those pistols. And I thank the OP for not specifying the business name.

One thing I did stumble on when checking to see if they would sell the threaded models here is that the MKIV with the long tube is finally back. Wife wanted one for years and I had given up on them. They actually have them now. So may have another new toy to play with soon. :D

One thing I did stumble on when checking to see if they would sell the threaded models here is that the MKIV with the long tube is finally back. Wife wanted one for years and I had given up on them. They actually have them now. So may have another new toy to play with soon. :D
Finally got the tax stamp for my rimfire suppressor a few weeks back. Threw it on my MKIV Tactical, what a blast! But front heavy.

Of course Ruger released a suppressor ready 3" stubby version of the MKIV right after 1240 passed. That's what I really want and one of the reasons why I started this thread.

Finally got the tax stamp for my rimfire suppressor a few weeks back. Threw it on my MKIV Tactical, what a blast! But front heavy.

Of course Ruger released a suppressor ready 3" stubby version of the MKIV right after 1240 passed. That's what I really want and one of the reasons why I started this thread.
This new law is a bummer. With some hope maybe some gun owners will wake the hell up and start voting. If they do we could get this beat back. If not guess the ones already owned could be customized. Shame to have to go to that expense over the idiots in charge. :(

Yup threaded semi auto rimfire handguns. I was so surprised to see them in the glass case I did a double take. This shop is a reputable shop in the area and has been for years.
I sure hope they do not get themselves in a money bind over this but, that is probably exactly what will happen. If the AG does not hear about it they will be fine but if he does? He will gladly go after them with unlimited money for lawyers while they have to pay for their own.:(
Meanwhile the same AG will continue to ignore the criminals using guns since them he could care less about. :mad:

CNC warrior has pretty affordable barrel threading kits

We don't talk about it.

Oh look a brick and mortar that is not following the stupid laws. Let us go and tell the internet.
I know, it was a joke because Norton's character was hallucinating Brad Pit's character. But yeah loose lips sink ships. Same reason I never got my Comtacs from fishersci

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top