JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
I work for a police department, but am not an officer myself yet. My QM has offered to install a threaded barrel on my personal G19, which is to be my duty weapon when hiring is complete, but is currently a private firearm.

If I understand the AWB, having the weapon and pre-installation barrel in my possession simultaneously would be a violation. However, if I were to deliver the gun to the Police Organization Quartermaster before delivery of the barrel, and then deliver the barrel separately, before receiving the modified weapon that was assembled by an authorized individual, would any laws actually be broken?

As a side note, if it would still be illegal, anyone know someone in SW Seattle with a metal lathe?

I don't know the answer but it is in the bill at the link below. It may depend on how you interpret it as it is a poorly crafted "law".

I'm well aware of the wording of the law, hence my question. No unauthorized individual would at any point sell, assemble, manufacture, or import an assault weapon, but at the end an unauthorized individual would possess one, which seems legal.

I work for a police department, but am not an officer myself yet. My QM has offered to install a threaded barrel on my personal G19, which is to be my duty weapon when hiring is complete, but is currently a private firearm.

If I understand the AWB, having the weapon and pre-installation barrel in my possession simultaneously would be a violation. However, if I were to deliver the gun to the Police Organization Quartermaster before delivery of the barrel, and then deliver the barrel separately, before receiving the modified weapon that was assembled by an authorized individual, would any laws actually be broken?

As a side note, if it would still be illegal, anyone know someone in SW Seattle with a metal lathe?
Is your intention to comply with the law or find a work around for it? Not tying to crack on you or cast aspersions, but it sounds to me like you're looking for advice and/or assistance in getting something you want that may be prohibited. That, coupled with your statement regarding your current employment and future employment aspirations and the fact that this is one of a very few of your first posts on your first day here , raises a red flag.

The only suggestion I would have would be to consult an attorney.

Just curious, once you do become an officer, how would you treat civilians who have not complied with ridiculous unconstitutional and poorly written laws such as the one you are apparently trying to skirt?

What are you planning on attaching to the threaded barrel?

I'm well aware of the wording of the law, hence my question. No unauthorized individual would at any point sell, assemble, manufacture, or import an assault weapon, but at the end an unauthorized individual would possess one, which seems legal.
Sounds like you need to talk to your department or a lawyer or both then.

You've stated you work for law enforcement and are publicly asking about a private party lathe and putting a threaded barrel on a semiautomatic pistol. Did Gavin ask you to do this? Because this smells fishier than Pike's Place an a summer day. I feel for you but you've set a potential trap.

Typical I'm above the law cop attitude. No your not exempt. Yes you must comply. Your a citizen with a badge that's it. You are bound to the same rights an laws despite what modern militarization politicians have done to protect the interests of corruption.

You've stated you work for law enforcement and are publicly asking about a private party lathe and putting a threaded barrel on a semiautomatic pistol. Did Gavin ask you to do this? Because this smells fishier than Pike's Place an a summer day. I feel for you but you've set a potential trap.
Don't worry….. he joined this morning. Haha.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads