JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't know about the new ones, but I've had mine since 1990 and it's always worked great. Never had a problem with cycling light loads. I like the balance and way it fits me. You need to make sure you replace the rubber o-ring on the slide mechanism occasionally and make sure you re-assemble it correctly (or, it'll be a single-shot until you put it back together right...)

My only other auto-loading experience was with a Benelli Sport II. I really wanted to like that gun, but just never took a shine to it. Bad fit for me and had a couple of cycling issues.

They sure get good reviews. Gun digest says the new ones work great but, cosmetically look like a cheaper shotgun that has had some cost cutting.

Don't know about the new ones, but I've had mine since 1990 and it's always worked great. Never had a problem with cycling light loads. I like the balance and way it fits me. You need to make sure you replace the rubber o-ring on the slide mechanism occasionally and make sure you re-assemble it correctly (or, it'll be a single-shot until you put it back together right...)

My only other auto-loading experience was with a Benelli Sport II. I really wanted to like that gun, but just never took a shine to it. Bad fit for me and had a couple of cycling issues.

Boss owned a couple of 1187 SP ones, Yeah I cleaned and did the above with him. I could not get them to cycle the 3.5 inch shells. The plastic ends would hang up in the chamber. This is the waterfowl or turkey model.

That blew it for me. Cycles 3 inch all day long, is made for the larger 3.5 inch. I have a friend who has one also and has the same issue. I guess if you want a gun that is supposed to do something does not do it than go for it.

I've had an 11-87P for 15 years. It's been a durable, reliable piece that's shot every standard and magnum load I've put through it in an operational environment, and in classes as a student and instructor.

I had one, great gun kinda wish I still had it. Only problem is I like to shoot a lot of clay and mine would not cycle the lite 2 3/4 #7.5 - #8 loads.
sold it back around 02, one of them deals I've kicked myself for doing. Young and dumb.

Still have my 1100 though!

Just found this old-school 11-87 at Keith's. Came from the OSP.

869686401a8d87483cc4beb02c1d3985_zpsnohvrxoo.jpg

Well I have shot it and I still love it. The catch on the loading gate is different but requires you to use both hands (one to hold the catch and the gun and the other to feed shells. IMHO this is safer than the "baby cradle"

It does not like the low brass stuff which is understandable since it is a gas operated weapon. This is not a problem for me since I the gun is designed for defense loads and not go-bang field loads. The recoil is light and the recovery is fast and smooth. I really like the high rifle sights.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top