JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Took my Remington 700 .223 out to the range today. Typically I shoot whatever 55gr .223 I have on hand through this and can consistently shoot .75 - 1.5 MOA groups at 100 yards. I decided I would "feed" it something a little special with the "Match Grade" ammo. I could not get a consistent grouping to save my life. Shots were all over the place high/low, left/right, you name it. After about 40 minutes of frustration, I went and pulled my targets. About 10% of the shots were nice and round, the other 90% were "Key Holes", some vertical, some horizontal and others diagonal.

I plan to take the Privi ammo out next weekend and feed it through one of my AR's and also take some 55gr out and shoot it through my 700 and see what happens.

I was curious to see if others had tried this ammo and if so, what their experience has been. Let me know.

Thanks

Just from a Quick look through Remington's web site it looks as if most of the .223 700s are a 1:12 twist and is most likely too slow to stabilize the longer heavier 62 gr bullets. I know the 69gr match kings say on the box to only use in a 1:10 or faster twist barrel.

Yep. Just confirmed twist rate is 1:12. Didn't think that extra 7gr would have made that much of a difference but I guess that barrel can't spin those bullets up fast enough to stabilize. I'm still going to try the ammo through one of my ARs next weekend

Thanks again to everyone for the input. You guys are why I love this forum.

Yep. Just confirmed twist rate is 1:12. Didn't think that extra 7gr would have made that much of a difference but I guess that barrel can't spin those bullets up fast enough to stabilize. I'm still going to try the ammo through one of my ARs next weekend

Thanks again to everyone for the input. You guys are why I love this forum.

WOW! That is a slow barrel! Hell, It almost could get you one of those blue parking passes.

Well, I was finally able to get this ammo out with my AR. Unfortunately my wife was having so much fun, I didn't get much of a chance to shoot.
38cc7d2dbbc4e09ad6b8a5809247a116.jpg

And here were the groupings she was able to put on target @100 yards

99ea55d5e4309ff6f6a4aca2441232da.jpg

9d3dc1c9b8898596e752873c02416dfd.jpg

I think my wife is so freakin awesome...this is just one of the many things I love about her. On her SUV she has a "zombie outbreak response unit" sticker. I think based on the evidence above the zombies should be VERY afraid

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews