JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I open carry a .454 Ruger in the chest rig. I'd assume anyone hiking knows why I have it...

Had people make comments about nice gun, big gun, etc.

Never had any bad reactions thus far and the retention is excellent and quick to deploy. I've been lucky to notsushave any negative experiences thus far...
To scare the bejesus out of the libtards?

I open carry 100% of the time while hiking. Mostly SAA with a western drop rig but sometimes a glock. Occasionally I'll come upon a group that looks a little skeered at my presence and I'll smile and nod and keep on walking with my family. Their concerns arent mine to worry about. I dont open carry to make a point. Its just easier to get my gun if I need it. Every now and then I'll see another guy open carrying too. We just nod and mind our business.

That's awesome!!!
Good movie, but all John Wayne movies are IMO. I remember watching John Wayne movies on TV with my dad in the late 50's-early 60's and going to watch the Alamo on a theater when it came out. My dad said he met him once in a bar. It was early 1942 and my dad was a Marine. He said John Wayne would go into a bar with a lot of servicemen and buy a round for the house. Never have found any definite confirmation of the fact but my dad hated liars.

Most of the year I just wrap my hoodie around my waist and use a conventional belt holster. If its super hot summer weather I'll open carry if I am not likely to run into others, otherwise its a NAA Mini revolver in my pocket and bigger gun in the backpack. Mostly worried about two legged varmints. I once had a hiker in the parking lot mention my firearm made him and his family feel unsafe once, so I just try to be more careful when I get my gear on.

I'm sure they can make friends with the bears and cougars. They can invite that random serial killer over for dinner. They don't need a gun. The government will be there.
If our government is working properly, we are the government. If I can't be there to help you, you should be there to help yourself.
:p

upload_2017-8-24_9-20-4.jpeg

S&W 629 carried in a Diamond D chest holster like this 100% of the time while camping, hiking, fishing, etc. Comfortable even under a 75lb backpack.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top