JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Under a grand should actually be considered a low end 1911. With prices for upper end starting at 2k.

In my OP, I mentioned 'production' guns. I'm talking off the shelf assembly line type 1911's, not high-end custom jobs by Wilson Combat, Dan Wesson, etc.

When I look at pricing for 1911's by name brand manufacturers, I see $400 on the low end for say a Rock Island, etc. up to maybe a high end Sig for under $1,500. I'd say that puts something just under $1K at the mid-range for production guns.

If I were looking for a hand-fit, finely tuned piece, then yes, I would agree.

Man, that sucks para getting shut out! I started out in the double stack world of 1911's with Para. This saddens me, I always did like them. etrain16 have a look at the Pro Custom 14.45 or the Pro Custom 16.40 These are super nice for the coin! Still a bit on the high side of your budget, but they can be found right at a grand some times if you shop around!

I own, or have owned, Colt, Kimber, Springfield, Ruger, and modern Remington 1911's. At a thousand-bucks or less each, I also consider them at the budget-priced end, but not at the lower quality end.

The only 1911 I regularly shoot and/or carry, is the Ruger 1911. I've owned most of the variations, and I am well pleased with them all.

WAYNO.

I felt the same way when I have carried my Hi-Point, thinking to myself "Geez, couldn't they have figured out a way to not make it out of a brick of lead!!!"

Wouldn't that be more like a brick of pot metal??? :rolleyes:

I kid, but have owned one Hi-Point pistol before (.45acp) - big, clunky, ugly as sin, but I will say this, it was reliable and accurate. Not bad for a $135 gun.

Man, that sucks para getting shut out! I started out in the double stack world of 1911's with Para. This saddens me, I always did like them. etrain16 have a look at the Pro Custom 14.45 or the Pro Custom 16.40 These are super nice for the coin! Still a bit on the high side of your budget, but they can be found right at a grand some times if you shop around!

My first 1911, the one I turned down a Colt Enhanced Officers for, was a Para P12-45. I sold it after I tripped on my CBOB. Not that I regret keeping the CBOB, but there are many times I regretted selling the Para. I really wish I had that one back.
It was one of the few guns I've ever sent in for repair and Para did a great job of servicing the customer. But, that is also when I gained my distrust of the "Series 80" style of firing pin safety.
If I had that one back I would pull the FPS out of it and live happily ever after.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top