JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,

I've been looking into picking up a PSA dagger (saw a good deal on PSA for two frames). Wanted to ask if anyone here owns and has shot their Dagger and what they think of it. The compact will likely become a carry pistol. Any issues with reliability? How's the accuracy? Any other comments?
Thank you!

Pretty decent, and we are not Glock folks.

I'd be fine carrying one of the ones we have & have run, but have others instead. Personal preference.

I wouldn't carry anything I haven't run. Regardless of reputation or recommendation. Every manufacturer has quality issues from time to time.

Pretty decent, and we are not Glock folks.

I'd be fine carrying one of the ones we have & have run, but have others instead. Personal preference.

I wouldn't carry anything I haven't run. Regardless of reputation or recommendation. Every manufacturer has quality issues from time to time.
Thanks for your feedback! We will definitely be taking them to the range before carrying them. Got some glock mags for carry and ETS mags for spares (not in defensive situation).
I saw good reviews online, but it's tough to tell what is legit and what is biased these days.

Don't have any 9mm ETS mags, do have some for Glock 20's & 29's (10mm). Those are pretty much crap.

For the daggers I have a few Glock magazines & a bunch of Pmags (bought on special a while back). Glock & Pmags run perfectly fine.

Also a bunch of happy sticks (those also bought on special) Global Ordnance ?33 round. Run fine, what little we have used them, so there's that. South Korean no brand. Probably KCI.

Personally I'd buy a genuine Glock. I don't have any personal experience with the daggers. If it's simply a price issue you can pick up as used Glock for the same price. But you gotta be patient cause people think they can sell a used Glock for above retail.

Also if you're LE/EMS/Military/first responder you can get (2) Glocks a year at Blue label pricing.

Personally I'd buy a genuine Glock. I don't have any personal experience with the daggers. If it's simply a price issue you can pick up as used Glock for the same price. But you gotta be patient cause people think they can sell a used Glock for above retail.

Also if you're LE/EMS/Military/first responder you can get (2) Glocks a year at Blue label pricing.
It's a little bit a price issue and getting ahead of 114. PSA has deals on the dagger frames. Figure I'll get the frames now and finish them later. Less than $300 and I've got 3 guns (getting the 5.7 with one of the frames).

Go for it.

If price is the driver then there's no harm in buying a Gen 3 patent clone of Glock19/17/45. Decent amount of reviews out that highlight pros and cons and the gun shares a pretty large % of part compatibility with Gen3, you can straight up slap a 19 gen 3 slide on and go or use Glock mags and it even accepts Glock sights.

Only a couple parts aren't interchangeable but I forget which. There are also holsters ready for it too, it can fit existing Glock holsters but check to make sure it fits, tried one in my 19 holster but the dimensions on the trigger guard are a little different, while snug, I wouldn't trust it beyond storage.

Well, you already got the frame, so chances are slim you're gonna buy the real thing now. I would replace every single part you can in that frame with OE gen 3 Glock parts and source a complete gen 3 slide assembly. No weird aftermarket Chinese made junk from temu is going in my carry gun.

And yes, I have experience with the dagger and other Glock clones, none of which do the job the way the real McCoy does.

Well, you already got the frame, so chances are slim you're gonna buy the real thing now. I would replace every single part you can in that frame with OE gen 3 Glock parts and source a complete gen 3 slide assembly. No weird aftermarket Chinese made junk from temu is going in my carry gun.

And yes, I have experience with the dagger and other Glock clones, none of which do the job the way the real McCoy does.
Good to know, was your experience that the gun was unreliable or inaccurate? I do like that I can swap parts out like that.

Go for it.

If price is the driver then there's no harm in buying a Gen 3 patent clone of Glock19/17/45. Decent amount of reviews out that highlight pros and cons and the gun shares a pretty large % of part compatibility with Gen3, you can straight up slap a 19 gen 3 slide on and go or use Glock mags and it even accepts Glock sights.

Only a couple parts aren't interchangeable but I forget which. There are also holsters ready for it too, it can fit existing Glock holsters but check to make sure it fits, tried one in my 19 holster but the dimensions on the trigger guard are a little different, while snug, I wouldn't trust it

Go for it.

Only a couple parts aren't interchangeable but I forget which. There are also holsters ready for it too, it can fit existing Glock holsters but check to make sure it fits, tried one in my 19 holster but the dimensions on the trigger guard are a little different, while snug, I wouldn't trust it beyond storage.
That's all good to know! With all the feedback, I placed my order. Hopefully troubleshooting isn't in my near future.

I love mine, I picked it up for crazy cheap and am glad I did. It shoots fine, and has been 100% after initial shoot and cleaning(break in). Still completely stock, I have not seen a need to change anything.

I love mine, I picked it up for crazy cheap and am glad I did. It shoots fine, and has been 100% after initial shoot and cleaning(break in). Still completely stock, I have not seen a need to change anything.
Awesome to hear! I just placed the order, so I'm waiting for 20+ people to tell me not to get it. Haha
Did you buy any mags for it? If so, which brands and did you have issues? I ordered a few 17rd glock mags and a few ETS mags.

Good to know, was your experience that the gun was unreliable or inaccurate? I do like that I can swap parts out like that.
Not necessarily inaccurate, moreso strange failures. Like flipping a round over from the magazine to the chamber and feeding sideways or leaving the fired brass in the chamber and locking back on a loaded magazine. Things that just don't seem to happen when using genuine Glock parts

Not necessarily inaccurate, moreso strange failures. Like flipping a round over from the magazine to the chamber and feeding sideways or leaving the fired brass in the chamber and locking back on a loaded magazine. Things that just don't seem to happen when using genuine Glock parts
I know you mentioned you have Glocks, do you remember if the failures were with Glock mags? I believe they come standard with Magpul. Either way, I'll be keeping an eye out for that. Worst case, I'll get a Glock slide assembly for it.

As a primarily Glock carrier I don't like how nicely the dagger feels in the hand. It feels too good.

The only thing I don't like about it is they changed the trigger guard so it doesn't match Glock's, as a result any Glock holster that indexes of the trigger guard won't work for it. I have noticed palmetto started offering holsters for it.

Other than that. I think it's a great value.

I'd say shadow systems is right there with the real Mccoy

I know you mentioned you have Glocks, do you remember if the failures were with Glock mags? I believe they come standard with Magpul. Either way, I'll be keeping an eye out for that. Worst case, I'll get a Glock slide assembly for it.
I always use Glock mags. Own other brands and I don't know why. I hear Magpul works fine and I can't speak to the truth on that particular matter

Went with:

IWB & OWB. Although we don't carry them, these holsters are fine for us, for what we've run.

Nice to hear that there are more holster makers.

-Also & perhaps notable, are the optic cut options. That, the value & measure 114 were a few reasons I bought us a bunch. No prior handgun red dot optic experience, so seemed as good a reason as any to start with these, given the pricing points & deals PSA had & continues to have.

Even bought some triggers to upgrade, but didn't install. Didn't see the need, as "perhaps carries" anyways. For us.