JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm partial to the Springfield .45's (go figure, right?) and have a Trophy Match (stainless) which is a bit above your price range, a Champion Operator Lightweight (blued) that I really, really like and use an XDS as my carry piece.

They offer the Range Officer 5", 7rd, in your price range and I can say I have been very very happy with my Springfield .45's.

Here is the Range Officer:

rangeofficer1.jpg

I've got a RO and a Operator in the safe, so I'm a little biased. Having said that, for the features you're looking for, I think the Ruger would be a great choice. Several Rugers here, but most of them go round and round....:cool:

I have owned the SR 1911 and a Springfield Armory RO that are both within your price range. The RO was parkerized while the Ruger was stinless, of course. I can highly recommend either.

I wanted a R1 Enhanced, someone was telling me the triggers aren't that great, but you can fix that.

Since you have to have a BCG anyway look online. Budsgunshop.com has some of the best deals on the web.
Or the kygunco.com.
If there's a better stock trigger than the Rem R1S Enhanced I couldn't find it.

Having previously owned none, shot few newer than 1949, here is my first completely satisfied foray into 1911. trigger is excellent about 3 1/2 to 4 pounds, shoots consistently better than I and without feed / eject issue. (700 plus rounds now)
The only dislike; the grips / checkering were too crisp for me so I made smooth ones. Also, some corners are sharper than I prefer but for the price I am not complaining.
I recommend this gun:
IMGP0323.JPG IMGP0324.JPG

Having previously owned none, shot few newer than 1949, here is my first completely satisfied foray into 1911. trigger is excellent about 3 1/2 to 4 pounds, shoots consistently better than I and without feed / eject issue. (700 plus rounds now)
The only dislike; the grips / checkering were too crisp for me so I made smooth ones. Also, some corners are sharper than I prefer but for the price I am not complaining.
I recommend this gun:
View attachment 310353 View attachment 310354

That is a nice looking 1911 - I do like those new grips you made for it, they look sharp. I don't think I recognize the grain pattern - what would did you use?

Mineral stained walnut. We had a walnut (eating type) that blew apart during the Columbus day storm October 12th 1962. What an exciting day! I saved a couple chunks. Here is a jewelry box I made from some of it while back with a tooled leather top. (sorry for off topic)
IMGP1366.JPG

After having to deal with Kimber on a rifle, Hell WILL freeze over before I buy another one of their guns. They worry far more about aesthetics than function.
We have a Ruger 5". I bought the first one I saw and I believe it was $659 out the door back then. It has been flawless and I'd buy another in a heartbeat if I was in the market.

image.jpeg I'd recommend the Colt XSE, I have the Combat Commander in stainless, very impressed by the fit and finish, as well as accuracy...

Especially if this is not going to be carried, but mostly a range toy or bedside use, definitely go with the Colt...

Just one mans opinion, worth exactly what has been paid for it...

Dangit e-train, now you've made me add another gun to my list of ones to buy.... :)

You really gotta watch that etrain16 fella, he's sneaky, he gets every one all fired up wanting a new toy. last time "HE" got all worked up over the M-1 Garand, I bet 10 people went out looking for one! LOL :s0084:

You've both discovered my evil plan!!! :s0149: If I don't have the money to spend, I'll help others spend theirs!!! :s0094:

LOL-guns/firearms are like potato chips, you can't have just one. That being said, my buddies all tell me I need a Mosin Nagant and at some point an AK of some kind.... :cool:

Oh you absolutely need to have BOTH...this is not optional. I learned this from some very wise folk myself.

View attachment 310451 I'd recommend the Colt XSE, I have the Combat Commander in stainless, very impressed by the fit and finish, as well as accuracy...

Especially if this is not going to be carried, but mostly a range toy or bedside use, definitely go with the Colt...

Just one mans opinion, worth exactly what has been paid for it...

That looks like a nice option too. Definitely bumping the high end of my hopeful budget, but it's hard to look past the quality and history of a Colt 1911.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top