JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well at some point the wife is going to ask why all the new ammo boxes??? Did you buy another gun?? If it is in 9mm then I have that covered.....
BTW-Salem Costco still has the ammo boxes..:)

I thought all 1911's were .45 ACP...

Anything else is sacralegde!

I wouldn't mind having some sacrilege in both 10mm and in a double stack 9mm - I can always ask for forgiveness later.

That said, .45acp must first be solidly covered before you go outside the norm....;)

My first 1911, was an entry-level import, right around $400. While it certainly wouldn't compare to a nicer model, it shot very well, was very accurate and completely reliable. The finish was where you could tell the difference, but that said, it was still a nice gun for the price. It's a Tisas Zig 1911, imported from Turkey. Sold it a while back for a different purchase.

225651-c764bb30e090c3d7d3696b6737f7b7d0.jpg

225654-b3f35a6a62b98dacb9c56a0d21f90783.jpg

225655-b1675c5f9cf4b2f5fbf85314589d4616.jpg

I wouldn't mind having some sacrilege in both 10mm and in a double stack 9mm - I can always ask for forgiveness later.

That said, .45acp must first be solidly covered before you go outside the norm....;)
Always need to have at least one in .45 ACP... Personally, the only other caliber that would interest me would be .38 Super, simply for the ballistics...

I have been running 1911's in 10 mm for several years now, and nary a problem with any of them! My STI's are all double stacks in that loading, and they are about the best combo 1911 type there is! Then there is my Ol Delta Elite 10 mm, 1911 perfection!!!

I have been running 1911's in 10 mm for several years now, and nary a problem with any of them! My STI's are all double stacks in that loading, and they are about the best combo 1911 type there is! Then there is my Ol Delta Elite 10 mm, 1911 perfection!!!
Ahhh... The Colt Delta Elite's, the ultimate of the functional 1911 family as produced by Colt! What great piece of history and the gunmakers art...

Yea, the good folks in the Colt Skunk Works sure figured out how to make a Legendary gun even better! Following the edict of the great Sam Colt, there is no difference between a Military and civilian 1911!!!! You and I can go and buy the Exact same pistol being issued currently, with out any restrictions! The only difference is the serial number sequences and the Q-Code for the armory!

Yea, the good folks in the Colt Skunk Works sure figured out how to make a Legendary gun even better! Following the edict of the great Sam Colt, there is no difference between a Military and civilian 1911!!!! You and I can go and buy the Exact same pistol being issued currently, with out any restrictions! The only difference is the serial number sequences and the Q-Code for the armory!
Just as it should be... The forefathers understood this...

I have a Springfield loaded that I love. Had a range officer, loved that too but sold it to finance another pistol. Between the two i liked the loaded better.

My buddy has a Remington r1, basic. Just put decent grips on it and it just shoots lights out. Not a single issue. Not a sexy gun, but very functional and feels great.

I'm going to give a shout out for the Taurus as well. Sold that one too, it was boringly accurate but it was series 80.

Just go to keiths or to a gun show and handle everyone you can as they all feel a smidge different.

Keep looking and handling multiple guns and the right one will pick you if you don't force it.

My son-in-law's first 1911 is a Remington R1. I've never shot it, but he has nothing but good things to say about it. He's a Glock fan, so it can't be bad, huh?

Nice to have a gunsmith's input :)

Have you had any experience with the S&W SW1911 E-Series? It is high on the list for me next to the Ruger, but I have no experience with them and don't know anyone that owns one.

I happen to really like the S&W 1911, it is very well made! And I would buy one in a heartbeat!
There is a local shop that has one in stainless that I have been eyeing for a few weeks, its priced right. But I think folks just look right over it, because its a S&W.

I happen to really like the S&W 1911, it is very well made! And I would buy one in a heartbeat!
There is a local shop that has one in stainless that I have been eyeing for a few weeks, its priced right. But I think folks just look right over it, because its a S&W.

From a purely looks standpoint, the S&W is #1 on my list. I try not to buy on that fact alone, so it's good to hear that they are also good guns :)

Not available new now (i don't think) but i quite like my concession to adding the .45 calibre, all it needed was new grips.

Buddy bought one at the same time and he has thousands of rounds through it, he's comparing it to match grade Kimbers he's owned and loves it.

Para 1911 Expert
1911Para.jpg

Not available new now (i don't think) but i quite like my concession to adding the .45 calibre, all it needed was new grips.

Buddy bought one at the same time and he has thousands of rounds through it, he's comparing it to match grade Kimbers he's owned and loves it.

Para 1911 Expert
View attachment 310505

I've heard some good things about the Para's, never had a chance to handle one in person though.

Yeah, though it just occurred to me, that it's a low price 1911 :) Not mid-price.

Anyway, i know there will be people selling them, i, along with many others, got a black friday deal on it 3 years ago from Sportsmans.
I too was looking at the mid price stuff, the R1 and the Springfield, but couldn't quite make my decision on them.

Anyway, this came up and it was just too good of a deal not to get it, and as it happens, for the price, i'm very happy with it. The stock black plastic grips look crap though, hence the Pachmayrs.

Finish is fine, fit is pretty good, series 80 iirc.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top