JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I thought the bird's nest glued on the top of his forehead was pretty cool, though. Must be a fashion statement.

"Uh...oh. I already had a round chambered..remember..always be safe." LOL.

As Bugs Bunny would say, "What a maroon..."

Spoiler alert:

After he realized he had one in the chamber, I rewatched and he not only sweeps himself, he does it with his finger inside the trigger guard...

And I'm not familiar with that pistol, but is the safety disabled as well!?
Felt like it took 10 seconds for him to figure out there was one already in the chamber. I think Homer Simpson would've figured it out quicker.

Okay - in all seriousness... if one were to shoot say 9x18 in a 9x19 chambered pistol - how different is it really than running .38 spl in a .357Mag? A 9mm revolver might run these just fine. I have to wonder if running a lighter recoil spring in the 9mm would allow the lower powered round to cycle more reliably? The 9x18 stuff is more expensive so I wouldn't see the point in making it a regular thing, but for science purposes I can sorta see a point to it.

If it wasn't this weird-beared mouth breathing lookin dude who looks like he'd be one of my distant Oklahoman' cousins - if it were say IV8888 or FPSRussia (before his Fed Pen stay) or some other well known guntuber - the "test" featured here might not get as much negative attention. Of course they would've done it in a more controlled, more safe manner.

Well the 9x18 Makarov bullet is .365 in diameter and the 9x19 Luger bullet is .355 in diameter
That may make things "interesting"... If one were to fire a 9x18 Makarov out of a 9mm Luger firearm :eek: :D

Whereas the .38 Special and .357 Magnum bullets are both .357 in diameter.
So one can indeed shoot .38 Special out of a .357 Magnum firearm.

In any event , shoot what your firearm is chambered for ...and don't worry 'bout or try any other cartridges from it.
Andy

Well the 9x18 Makarov bullet is .365 in diameter and the 9x19 Luger bullet is .355 in diameter
That may make things "interesting"... If one were to fire a 9x18 Makarov out of a 9mm Luger firearm :eek: :D

Whereas the .38 Special and .357 Magnum bullets are both .357 in diameter.
So one can indeed shoot .38 Special out of a .357 Magnum firearm.

In any event , shoot what your firearm is chambered for ...and don't worry 'bout or try any other cartridges from it.
Andy

.380 has the same diameter of 9x19 at .355 - so it would've been a better one to run with than 9x18 but the idea of a bullet compressing down to fit the bore isn't unheard of, it might not be safe in a pistol like that, but then again, maybe? I'd test the hell out of it with a plexiglass barrier, or at least a good distance and a string to to yank the trigger but hey, science! :s0108:

.380 has the same diameter of 9x19 at .355 - so it would've been a better one to run with than 9x18 but the idea of a bullet compressing down to fit the bore isn't unheard of, it might not be safe in a pistol like that, but then again, maybe? I'd test the hell out of it with a plexiglass barrier, or at least a good distance and a string to to yank the trigger but hey, science! :s0108:

Well....you go ahead and do so .....with your guns , not any of mine.
In all seriousness....Why risk any damage to your firearm or harm to yourself...?
Again....shoot only what your firearm is chambered for.
Andy

I think the most telling part of this Youtuber's proper firearm handling knowledge was..."Oh, I already had one chambered..." Can't believe he has over 5k subscribers.

I made it all of one minute but nearly stopped at his intro.

I mean a green skull wearing a respirator and a growling voice over spouting something incomprehensible?

Then his homemade 'skull' mask on the table behind his hand while he is showing various rounds of ammo?

Parasidic ? I am thinking he meant Parasitic but spelling is probably not one of his strong suits.

Stuff like this is so idiotic, and potentially unsafe. I am surprised Youtube even allows it.

but the idea of a bullet compressing down to fit the bore isn't unheard of, it might not be safe in a pistol like that,
A .365 bullet is 10 thou larger in diameter than a .355. It would not compress that much and would most likely just plug the bore and grenade the gun.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads