JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Definitely seems hard to believe it went down as an "accident".

However, I never cease to be amazed at the "stupidity" which seems to be rampant in our current society today.

A friend once said at work, after getting off the umpteenth WTF call from production, "I wish there was a zombie apocalypse so I could shoot these m'fers in the face with my shotgun."

Edit to add:
have a PX4 replica BB Gun in my safe. Looks exactly like a PX4 until you look at the mag heel, which there's NO mistaking that it's a BB Gun. The weight is off too.

Gun shop owner and couldn't tell the difference between a BB gun and a Glock 17? Hard to believe. Possible, not real probable. Me thinks it is either a fabrication and/or there is substance use involved.

Everybody loses at that game.
In my defense, I was winning 2-0, having "killed" my brother twice already that night. Normally, that would have been it, since we played best out of three. But he insisted on a best out of five, and since I had killed him twice in pretty rapid succession and we weren't ready to call it a night yet, coupled with the fact that I was way up in the score, I agreed. In the third bout that night, I had him pinned down behind the football field goal post, and was steadily advancing upon him on my belly in the snow and darkness of a southeastern Idaho winter night. I kept "ringing" the metal goal post to let him know that I had him zeroed, when I was hit by his totally lucky shot that "killed" me and ended the "war" for all time...

He admitted afterward that he had no idea where I was in the snow and darkness, and was just firing blindly (spray and pray) into the night. I decided that I was tired of plinking the goal post above his head waiting for him to run out of BBs, and I became determined that I was going to complete a never-before-attempted prisoner capture. So I left the safety of my upturned scorekeeper's desk on the sideline, and snaked my way towards him on my stomach through the freshly-fallen knee-deep snow, keeping him pinned down with the occasional goal post ping. When I got within a few yards of capturing him, I unluckily managed to catch a "bullet" from his lucky shot, right on the end of my nose. It's difficult to explain a deep purple concave divot, perfectly sized to fit a BB, on the tip of your nose...

Last Edited:
Well, this thread certainly one ups another one.

Put me down in the "this is crap" side of this. ANY person who regularly handles firearms can tell the feel of a loaded G-17 from a BB gun 1.
What person who regularly handles firearms would shoot his "friend" in the face with a BB gun 2.
I believe this is what happened about as much as I believe someone got their homework eaten by a dog.

To paraphrase Richard Dreyfuss from Jaws...
"This wasn't a gun accident"

Yet another vote for "Ain't buying it."

I know that people do stupid things....As well as honest mistakes happen.
In this case I can't see it as honest mistake...I can see it as stupid....and the suspicious side of me sees it as intentional.

Granted I wasn't there...and with reporting / news writing being the way it is....there may be more to the story.
Andy

Last Edited:
I think we have a consensus on this, utter bovine excrement. As far as the comment about gun shop owners being former sniper's. I never met any but a former well known lgs is my neck of the woods employed a true navy seal who would disappear from shop for months at a time and then show back up. Very knowledgable and truly a nice guy that didn't talk about his other job. Only way I knew was we had some friends in common.

This is worse because it makes gun owners and gun store owners look bad.

Ultra left people really boggle me.

They say regular people can't handle guns and need to do a training first, have a permit. ( 500 dollars for permit and training + places are only open on their work hours)

Then also say it's not an actors job to know how guns work, if they choose to be in a movie using one.

but

The idea of actors having training first and a permit to handle guns now that's just ridiculous to them.( person getting paid millions to use the gun)

Last Edited:
I don't buy it. Even if he did think it was just a BB-gun which I don't buy for a second...But give benefit of the doubt...A bb-gun can still be very deadly. Especially when pointed at and fired at the face. This man had intent to do serious harm regardless of what he thought the weapon was.

I say throw the book at him.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top