JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Walmart in Everett had a slew of .223 in some white and blue box... gone about an hour later. I was tickled to find TulAmmo at about $10 a box though. and the Tulalip Cabela's had .22 Win Mag in stock.

I have not seen a box .22lr in so long i'm starting to think it never existed. People have even started buying up the .17hmr which is weird because I used to see it like crazy a few weeks ago and I assumed it an unpopular round, What firearm uses that round anyway?

Well the little short barrel of a youth rifle cant help, I'm sure. I remember thinking I wouldn't need ear pro the first time I took it out. I was incorrect.

All I know is that 22lr CCI Mini Mags are going for .20cent per round and it sucks. Who would have thought that .22lr would be selling for the cost of 9mm a year ago, looking forward.

The DHS goobling up other calibers has SOMETHING to do with all this, just not all.

Burt:
This oughta make your day!

Lawmakers move to limit govt. ammo purchases

In the wake of a Thursday hearing that raised questions and hackles about Department of Homeland Security ammunition purchases, two Oklahoma lawmakers introduced legislation Friday morning to put the brakes on government stockpiling of ammo.

<broken link removed>

Salted, you captured it well. You have to walk the talk. You can't jsut bemoan walmart not supplying more ammo or flippers buying it all up. I have had folks on here who have sold me 223 at what they paid for it so I could try out a new rifle. I got to return the favor recently out at Clark County. There was a group of boy scouts shooting .22. Being a former scout, i kicked them another 200 rounds so they could spend more time having fun shooting. Maybe it was all the Dead shows I went to, but performing random miricles for folks is the best way to promote community and get more folks into it. So keep up your faith man.

As for the guy reselling walmart ammo, how much is he making. Lets say he can flip a days effort it for a gross profit of $80. By the time you ship, pay Gun Broker fees, that probably get cut down to $60. So it probalby is 3 hours of labor to do that. $20 per hour. Not too bad tax free, but consider that is about $14,400 a year. Still not making mad cash and you have to hang out at Walmart all the time. Kind of depressing.

I happen to be fortunate enough to have what I need in ammo, have not bought any in along time.
I have wanted to try and help out my fellow NWFA members, but because of gougers and these types that jack up everything I can not in good faith put a box of 22 ammo for the going rate 20's and then not think they will resell it at 60.00+
Last ammo I sold to a member here I sold at what I paid for it. They are a reputable person and are on here daily. And you know what ??? I still wonder if he took all I sold and resold it for double or triple. And this is pretty good guy from what I read from his posts.
I told my wife I should sell my ammo for 60.00 a box and put the kids through college. But all kidding aside it is people who are in my opinion ripping other good people off is exactly why I won't sell ammo anymore until it calms down.

"They're also going to Raise the prices by 300 - 400% on dies, presses, powder measures and the
Like."

I'm not sure who "they" are, I don't think "they" will influence Lee, Dillon or RCBS, etc to raise prices. Nice fairy tale. I heard "they" were going to put all the ammo the government bought with your tax dollars, on a ship and dump it in the ocean.

"Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., who chairs the full Oversight and Government Reform Committee, said he suspects rounds are being stockpiled, and then either "disposed of," passed to non-federal agencies, or shot "indiscriminately."

From this: Article

Apparently someone thinks that ammo could be dumped in the ocean.

To be honest, when these prices drop back down (and they will), I already plan to stock up for the next big panic. I think this is going to be a cycle for the rest of our lives. First rule of capitalism is buy low and sell high. I'll just do my buying when the prices crash after the panic.

Within 30 minutes of the most recent election results being announced, I placed an order to bulk up my stock to handle a years worth of range time. I already had a decent stock, but I like the freedom to use a lot at the range. I like taking my friends out to learn as well. I'm active in a large social group that tends to lean left in an uneducated manner. I keep pretty quiet about being a gun owner, but not about 2A rights. From 2A rights discussions I've had a ton of friends approach me curious about learning to shoot, and have flipped their thinking completely around by being able to take them to the range.

Then Sandy Hook really put this in overdrive, and I'm thinking a years worth may not have been enough. Especially since with an increased number of democrat friends asking to be taught about firearms, I may not really have a years worth anymore. This leaves me torn. I don't want to run low (or by my standards low) on ammo, it's hard for me to buy the volumes I use at these prices, BUT... every person with a negative view on firearms that is flipped to supporting our rights is priceless. I value and take pride in introducing people to this hobby, but it's expensive for me to do so.

So next time I'm letting the panic buying subsidize this. I'll buy when it's cheap and help improve the supply when it's expensive a few years later. If I'm wrong about this cycle and prices never peak like this again, I still win. I have a lifetime supply of ammo! It's hard to go wrong with a lifetime supply of ammo.

Standing in line to grab stuff first thing in the morning to flip it that afternoon on craigslist feels a little too much for me though.

"Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., who chairs the full Oversight and Government Reform Committee, said he suspects rounds are being stockpiled, and then either "disposed of," passed to non-federal agencies, or shot "indiscriminately."

From this: Article

Apparently someone thinks that ammo could be dumped in the ocean.

Darrell Issa. Well that's all I needed to know. :rolleyes:

I think this might explain the ammo shortage:

Bass-Pro-Shop-.jpg

As long as people are willing to pay the prices the resellers are asking, the resellers will keep buying every retail stock they can find. A large majority of those buyers are new gun owners who got caught in the frenzy of buying. As the fervor starts dying down with new gun owners realizing no new federal gun laws are going to pass, you should see some interesting stuff happening in the secondary market. Supply will outstrip demand.

The gun auction site is showing more reloading components auction items (12 pages) than two months ago (3-4 pages) with very little bids. Two months ago, there were considerably more bidders.

Just picked up a full case of Federal .223 FMJ brass 55 grain at a local BI-mart for $349.
Man it's kinda sad when you feel like a kid that just got his first red rider B-B gun at Christmas as your walking out of the store. But, yes the stocks coming back. They had quite a bit of 9, 45 and a good measure of 40 on the shelf also, no .22 though. One disconcerting thing to note, still no hunting calibers in stock or any real loading components yet.

The Govt. may be buying a huge stock of ammunition, but that doesn't explain the lack of .30-40 krag, .40 long and other types of Non govt. issue rounds. What does is folks not just being caught flat footed, but a few (many millions) of new firearms owners coming on line for the first time. If there were just 2 million new firearms sold, and that's a way low figure, and each new owner picked up just a hundred rounds for their new found passion, well it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where a big bunch of it went.

I for one am glad to see the new players coming to the ranks as firearms owners. Not only has it swelled our ranks, it also has opened the eyes of many who were on the fence about their rights and freedoms. And you can be damned sure that the DHS and the current administration have had their eyes opened by the reaction of John Q Public to the attempt to undermine the second amendment. Now if we can just get these new owners into the voting polls. Hopefully the anger will still be on everyone's mind when they do vote this go around and they dump those whom did their best to dismantle our constitution.:s0160:

I can't believe there is three pages of comments from a ridiculous attempt at trolling by someone named 'Rusty Shackleford'. I guess Dale, Hank and Boomhauer will be posting any second, along with Homer Simpson and Mickey Mouse.

Time to propose a universal IQ check for this forum?

Time to propose a universal IQ check for this forum?

I wish that was possible. Not necessarily for this site, but for most other things in life. Driving a car. Having a kid. Hell, having a pet. How many of us have seen stupidity at the range that made us cringe? I don't mean a moment of inattention or exhaustion, but flat out "Oh my God, who let you touch one of these?"

Let me know if you figure out a way to effectively make that happen. Whatever invention/discovery it is will make you famous and wealthy.

Biden speaks and gun show sales continue

In Puyallup Saturday morning, ammunition dealers at the monthly Washington Arms Collectors’ show could hardly have been busier and some were thanking Vice President Joe Biden for keeping their sales strong.

<broken link removed>

Maybe the guy who started this thread has a Yhit load of ammo to sell and is trying to put the fear in People so they will pay outrageous price he is charging that more than likely he bought at so called normal going prices or Pre-panic prices.
Or he's just a fearmonger and a lonely guy has nothing else better to do.

OP, if you are really gullible enough to believe this "reliable source" you claim sent you this, then I'd like to sell you magic beans that make your junk 10 times bigger.

I can't believe people are actually so dense that they fall for stuff like this.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top